• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Camelback Mountain Resort 12/24/10

4aprice

Date(s) Skied: 12/24/10

Resort or Ski Area: Camelback Mt Resort

Conditions: Packed Powder

Trip Report: A short update of my previous reports. Was up at the mountain Thursday night playing Dad's Taxi for my son. Met up with a guy I know who is fairly high up the chain in management. He told me that they were getting ready to machine seed Rocket that night and that they would do it over the next 2 nights. Sure enough arrived Friday morning to find they had kept their word and seeded 1/2 way down the slope. This is a welcome change and something I have been waiting to see. They needed work on Friday but expect them to be in play this coming week. My management friend also told me they expect to seed Lower Cleo this weekend. I'm pleased that they seem to be getting it. For those not in tune with bumps, the Groomers are in great shape.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Anklebiter

Date(s) Skied: 12/24/10

Resort or Ski Area: Camelback Mt Resort

Conditions: Packed Powder

Trip Report: A short update of my previous reports. Was up at the mountain Thursday night playing Dad's Taxi for my son. Met up with a guy I know who is fairly high up the chain in management. He told me that they were getting ready to machine seed Rocket that night and that they would do it over the next 2 nights. Sure enough arrived Friday morning to find they had kept their word and seeded 1/2 way down the slope. This is a welcome change and something I have been waiting to see. They needed work on Friday but expect them to be in play this coming week. My management friend also told me they expect to seed Lower Cleo this weekend. I'm pleased that they seem to be getting it. For those not in tune with bumps, the Groomers are in great shape.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

That's great news. I be at Camelback Wednesday evening (12/29) & Thursday (12/30). I can pretend I'm mogul skier.