• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon April 20, 2014

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Date(s) Skied: April 19, 2014

Resort or Ski Area: Cannon

Conditions: Mashed Potatoes

Trip Report: Another gorgeous day. Finished the season where I started it a way back in November. It don’t even know how warm it was not bikini warm but I do know this - Cannonball was being skied by EVERYBODY. I was soft, not very mogully and EASY. Normally its windblown and boilerplated. Today it was soft and edgeable. Just like it should be in April. Hands down - run of the day.

P4204128 by Bob Misu, on Flickr

P4204138 by Bob Misu, on Flickr

206's

P4204140 by Bob Misu, on Flickr

Last edited:

Cannonball

Nice report. Didn't know you were there (I was too). I skied every open trail and a handful of closed ones. Everything skiied AMAZING. Very bittersweet to end like that. They could easily offer a week or more of T2B skiing. On the other hand it's great to go out on a good note.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Nice report. Didn't know you were there (I was too). I skied every open trail and a handful of closed ones. Everything skiied AMAZING. Very bittersweet to end like that. They could easily offer a week or more of T2B skiing. On the other hand it's great to go out on a good note.

We weren't there until about 1 o'clock. My friend noticed there were hardly any snowboarders there so you would have really stuck out.

I was tempted to try Vista way. The entrance looked good but given the way Hardscrabble looked I gave it a miss. What did you find?

Also a hard to find glade came up in our conversation yesterday. Where is Mushroom Glade? Is this a older glade re-named or is it a locals only hidden by a rabbit hole? If its the latter just show me next time we're there together.

Cannonball

We weren't there until about 1 o'clock. My friend noticed there were hardly any snowboarders there so you would have really stuck out.

I was tempted to try Vista way. The entrance looked good but given the way Hardscrabble looked I gave it a miss. What did you find?

Also a hard to find glade came up in our conversation yesterday. Where is Mushroom Glade? Is this a older glade re-named or is it a locals only hidden by a rabbit hole? If its the latter just show me next time we're there together.

Hmmm, I was riding off and on with several groups of snowboarders. Maybe we were just too fast to be observed?

Vista was really, really nice. It was justifiably closed since there were some considerable bare spots. But the snow was terrific.

Mushroom Glade is a marked, on-map glade. But it's easy to pass by. It is on the right hand side of Hardscrabble. Pretty sure it's on the trail map.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Hmmm, I was riding off and on with several groups of snowboarders. Maybe we were just too fast to be observed?
:spin:

Vista was really, really nice. It was justifiably closed since there were some considerable bare spots. But the snow was terrific.

Mushroom Glade is a marked, on-map glade. But it's easy to pass by. It is on the right hand side of Hardscrabble. Pretty sure it's on the trail map.
Ah, yes. There it is. That's much farther down than I thought it would be.

witch hobble

It was a great closing day. I came home physically spent, mentally drained and sunburnt.