• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Mountain...thoughts

Black Phantom

I don't think there's anything wrong with questioning the motives behind someone's stance on this issue. If the allegations are true, then I would conclude that this is about politics, not money and that his feelings are so strong because he's got a saw to sharpen with Concord.

As mentioned, we are talking 66 cents per resident if Cannon loses a million. 66 cents. Quite frankly, I'm a bit pissed my representatives are even spending any time at all discussing 66 cents per resident. Not even a drop in the bucket of the state budget. Of course, Threecy throws out scare tactics saying other programs will need to be cut over that 66 cents. give me a break

redpacificherring.jpg

Black Phantom

I don't think there's anything wrong with questioning the motives behind someone's stance on this issue. If the allegations are true, then I would conclude that this is about politics, not money and that his feelings are so strong because he's got a saw to sharpen with Concord.

As mentioned, we are talking 66 cents per resident if Cannon loses a million. 66 cents. Quite frankly, I'm a bit pissed my representatives are even spending any time at all discussing 66 cents per resident. Not even a drop in the bucket of the state budget. Of course, Threecy throws out scare tactics saying other programs will need to be cut over that 66 cents. give me a break

Who the hell are you to judge intent? Is this a witch hunt? You are quickly turning it into one.

Why the hysterics?

deadheadskier

Staff member
Who the hell are you to judge intent? Is this a witch hunt? You are quickly turning it into one.

Why the hysterics?

settle down Francis

The fact that he's spun this every which way and completely disregarded very reasonable opinions of others makes me question his motives. There's nothing wrong with that.

Black Phantom

settle down Francis

The fact that he's spun this every which way and completely disregarded very reasonable opinions of others makes me question his motives. There's nothing wrong with that.

Don't call me Francis.

He has spun the discussion "every which way"? You have got to be kidding.

Again, is this not an open forum? You don't like his position and can not refute his points. Not agreeing is one thing. Questioning his motives? You are going down a wrong path.

What are your motives? 66 cents per citizen? One could quickly draw that conclusion to an undesirable end. 66 cents adds up pretty quickly when uncontested.

That approach was used in MA. It's just a cup of coffee. A sandwich and a side.

Now there is Prop 2 1/2.

deadheadskier

Staff member
yes it is an open forum. hence I have every right to question his motives. I question it, just like the motives of the politicians sitting at the table.

sorry you have such a problem with that

deadheadskier

Staff member
yes it is an open forum. hence I have every right to question his motives. I question it, just like the motives of the politicians sitting at the table.

sorry you have such a problem with that

threecy

Website
www.franklinsites.com
I brought this up back around page 40.

Threecy was cutting illegal trails then posting up maps and stuff. Resulted in a couple hundred acres (maybe thousands ... not sure) getting shut down to public access.

You seem to have no problem with committing libel, which you have just done.

So, threecy was illegal cutting trails on Public lands and posting trail maps online? Is this true Threecy?

What does this have to do with Cannon Mountain?

The alleged illegal trails in the Ossipees were cut before I ever set foot in the range. I defended a retired gentleman who was accused of environmental destruction in the Ossipees. The retired gentleman produced an excellent map of the hiking trails (of which, only 1/4 mile was actually closed, unrelated to his alleged actions), which I agreed to host for free on my web space.

Logging roads were included on the map (as are displayed on other maps, including USGS). A logging company decided to close a large tract of land that they had collected over a million dollars in Federal funds to keep open to public use. The land has since been reopened.

Cannonball

He has supplied info to support his postition and has done so quite calmly against those with a rather circular argument to say the least. This is not a trial.

Although I disagree with Threecy's point of view, I do agree that he has been very calm and persistent in this discussion. I would say that the WHOLE argument is circular on both sides (in fact, why I am still contributing?).

His stance has been quite clear and is supported by many in the State of NH.

His stance has been quite clear. It is supported by many in NH. Although I still think that many more don't support it and that it took political hijacking to get it where it is right now.

That approach was used in MA. It's just a cup of coffee. A sandwich and a side.

Now there is Prop 2 1/2.

And you bring up red herrings? IF we were to go down this inappropriate sidetrack you've brought up, we'd find that the mere mention of prop 2 1/2 is in exact contradiction to your point. But it would make no sense to go down that completely unrelated red herring path.

bobbutts

I don't think Threecy is an illegal trail cutter or map seller
He's certainly not "The Trail Bandit" Bob Garrison

witch hobble

Yeah. As frustraing as this thread can be at times, it has been very timely in regards the fluid Cannon political situation. And as offensive as I find threecy's view of the "lease", some of the comments here actually make me feel some sympathy for the (presumably) human person behind the internet handle. Let's stay on point here. His argument and his graphs are not so watertight that we need to resort to personal attacks. Kill the message he attempts to deliver, not the messenger.

witch hobble

As an aside, I always wondered why there were not more official hiking trails on the Ossipee massif.

Angus

bump...can't let this thread go a day without a new response. I'm expecting this thread to carry me through to the beginning of the 2011/12 ski season!!

deadheadskier

Staff member
keep buying documents off of Concord. It doesn't change the big picture for me.

NH State budget is 10.2 Billion dollars. 10.2 Billion.

yet, your so passionate about 600K in revenue a year IF Cannon matches Sunapee's lease

What is that 600K in the grand scheme of things for the state?

Not even SIX ONE THOUSANDTHS of a percent of the state budget. SIX ONE THOUSANDTHS of a percent

It's a freaking joke that our State Senators are taking more than a coffee break in discussing how to add SIX ONE THOUSANDTHS of one percent to the bottom line.

I've been called out for being a jerk for my character assassination of you instead of focusing on the merits of the lease argument. I can handle being called a jerk for that. I hate political bullshit, which is all this Cannon lease discussion is. It's a freaking joke that our Senators are spending any time at all discussing it. They all should be fired for even discussing something that amounts to six one thousandths of a percent of the budget. If this were a family budget, this is literally discussing how to save 4.8 sheets a toilet paper a year.

4.8 sheets of toilet paper a year is what you're going to war for Threecy. 4.8 sheets of toilet paper a year. Think about it.

threecy

Website
www.franklinsites.com
keep buying documents off of Concord. It doesn't change the big picture for me.

NH State budget is 10.2 Billion dollars. 10.2 Billion.

yet, your so passionate about 600K in revenue a year IF Cannon matches Sunapee's lease

What is that 600K in the grand scheme of things for the state?

Not even SIX ONE THOUSANDTHS of a percent of the state budget. SIX ONE THOUSANDTHS of a percent
You clearly don't understand the state budget or the millions of dollars that have been funnelled into Cannon Mountain in recent years.

It's a freaking joke that our State Senators are taking more than a coffee break in discussing how to add SIX ONE THOUSANDTHS of one percent to the bottom line.

I've been called out for being a jerk for my character assassination of you instead of focusing on the merits of the lease argument. I can handle being called a jerk for that. I hate political bullshit, which is all this Cannon lease discussion is. It's a freaking joke that our Senators are spending any time at all discussing it. They all should be fired for even discussing something that amounts to six one thousandths of a percent of the budget.

For the sake of our state, I hope you stay a forum moderator (perhaps with a more professional tone) and never as Legislator responsible for the New Hampshire budget. I'm glad that my State Senator has shown her support for the lease.

jack97

For the sake of our state, I hope you stay a forum moderator (perhaps with a more professional tone) and never as Legislator responsible for the New Hampshire budget. I'm glad that my State Senator has shown her support for the lease.....

hmm.....just my opinion. It's getting to the point your threads are becoming unsolicited given the denial of data to backup; your statements, the graphs you have posted here and at snowjournal. I can sympathize with the mods frustrations since your post seems like SPAM to me, as defined below .

Spam is the use of electronic messaging systems (including most broadcast media, digital delivery systems) to send unsolicited bulk messages indiscriminately.

threecy

Website
www.franklinsites.com
hmm.....just my opinion. It's getting to the point your threads are becoming unsolicited given the denial of data to backup; your statements, the graphs you have posted here and at snowjournal. I can sympathize with the mods frustrations since your post seems like SPAM to me, as defined below .

Spam is the use of electronic messaging systems (including most broadcast media, digital delivery systems) to send unsolicited bulk messages indiscriminately.

Ah, so now the tactic will be to call the data 'spam.' This thread has probably been the largest ad revenue generators for AZ this spring. The thread on SnowJournal has been the most viewed on that site since it was posted.

There are perhaps more people than you're aware of following this on the sidelines...for some reason, they choose not to post here and receive a bunch of personal attacks.

jack97

Ah, so now the tactic will be to call the data 'spam.' This thread has probably been the largest ad revenue generators for AZ this spring. The thread on SnowJournal has been the most viewed on that site since it was posted.

There are perhaps more people than you're aware of following this on the sidelines...for some reason, they choose not to post here and receive a bunch of personal attacks.

this is not a tactic.... just my opinion. Show me the data, maybe you can call me a splinter group since I'm not a mod but I would like to see the data, like the politcal group called the "birthers"

I think the amount of hits this thread has is more for about entermainment.