• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Can't Wait!

Eskimo

Can't wait to go boarding up Vermont! PA mountains are crap compare to Vermont's! ooohhh weeeee

danimals

Pass the bong please. Vermont hills are crap compared to out west. It's all relative, enjoy your time on the snow and be thankful you have the means and quality of life that allows you to partake in skiing/riding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wavewheeler

LOL! Where in Vermont you going? Yes, I agree that Vermont is awesome compared to PA. But sometimes you have to take what you can get. ;)

Tin

I6GSf.gif

jimk

VT is great, so is the west. But here's some good PA crap:flag:
4c9fcbb98005f.jpg
4d35ddf0f349c.jpg
50cf95c41590c.jpg
4be1af15731fe.jpg
4c7c3dc87bbaa.jpg
to be continued...

4aprice

PA is what it is. Of course anywhere with larger mountains and more snow is better, but it sure beats staying off the snow. It has mountains (small ones), they cover it with snow (mostly man made but snow none the less) and it stays that way from December to the end of March. (at least in the Pocono's). The biggest plus for me is a travel time of 45 mins. I don't look for the Pocono's to be something they aren't so I'm usually not disappointed. They also have their very good moments. Not bad for the back yard.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

BTW - This year with the good cold weather, the reports out of Blue, Elk and my own out of CBK, the Pocono's are in marvelous shape.

Last edited:

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
And it looks like that once a year?

1980 something , I could'nt wait to go to Killington....24" plus snowstorm in Pa. ..The further North I went the less snow. Was hopping over bare spots an straight lining the boiler plate to make it to islands of sugar to get an edge. What a bust.
If you can ski in Pa. you can ski anywhere. ice ,powder, crust, corn ,we have it all.
Timing is everything, Thats why I wait till after mid Feb to plan any Norther trips!

jimk

Resort?
Love that double fall line![/QUOTE]

Blue Knob, PA - ski good or eat wood:) (not to be confused with Blue Mtn further east)
Several of the snowy photos are from Blue Knob, Feb 2010. Wish it was that good once a year:wink: Those were some of the best conditions I've seen in the mid-Atlantic in 40+ years.
I took all but two of above photos with little duct-taped digicam.

I love Blue Knob on a good day, this is Extrovert Trail, has about 600 vertical feet of continuous steep:
4c9fcb0ad5ca5.jpg

Last edited: