• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Change my Tahoe trip to Colorado, or hold out for snow?

frapcap

Update, yeah models fell apart and things are gone to shit for the rest of the month of January. I would be surprised to see a dusting between now and Feb 1st but could be mistaken. I would make arrangements not to go elsewhere...maybe give it a couple more days. I'm already starting to think about getting out and that would sorta makes things inconvenient for some around here. I just can't sit here and go broke, with shit skiing and hope it comes...I'm gonna need to do something soon. I wish it was May right now.

Thanks for another update. I've been checking daily for the BA report. We agreed to wait until the 20th to call it. Its not much longer, but heres to hoping!!

We maybe going on a Colorado tour, haha.

ScottySkis

My coworker just got back from Telluride and said conditions over X Mas break were not to good. If he asked before he went I would have told him to cancel and go to Utah but he doesn't like my advice so I keep my mouth shut.

soposkier

My coworker just got back from Telluride and said conditions over X Mas break were not to good. If he asked before he went I would have told him to cancel and go to Utah but he doesn't like my advice so I keep my mouth shut.

I was at A-Basin and Beaver Creek right before Christmas, conditions were good at the time and they have gotten a lot more snow since then.

Smellytele

Telluride is showing almost 100% open now.

skiNEwhere

Pretty much every ski area on the I-70 corridor is at least 80% open. Beaver creek is 98%, Vail is 90%, Copper has pretty much everything open except tucker Mtn.

Can't go wrong with CO right now

Bene288

We're thinking on the Copper area. My uncle canceled the whole Tahoe trip until further notice. Unfortunately I can't take a long trip in March so something would need to happen in Feb, and presidents week is not an option.

SIKSKIER

Here is a Facebook post yesterday from a friend that lives in Co.:I'm expecting the entire Cannon crew any day now... 7" last night. Vail reporting over 5' since Jan 1.

snoseek

Here is a Facebook post yesterday from a friend that lives in Co.:I'm expecting the entire Cannon crew any day now... 7" last night. Vail reporting over 5' since Jan 1.
Freakish good early season for most of the state there, like 07-08 good. Big ol ridge set up for the next couple weeks over the west so everything stops. I'm holding out for a positive sign here as im invested quite a bit but if Feb looks like the same ol im done. Been thinking a lot about Winter Park....I really like it there

snoseek

+1. Winter Park has been amazing so far this year. Can't get enough Mary Jane
There used to be a place on right off the exit from 70 in empire that rented room for stupid cheap, like 400 a month. I thought the even had a sign advertising. Next time you drive by look for that sign or banner. It came to mind because they were month to month and cheap as F$%K. From that location I can hustle work in multiple directions.

skifree

Freakish good early season for most of the state there, like 07-08 good. Big ol ridge set up for the next couple weeks over the west so everything stops. I'm holding out for a positive sign here as im invested quite a bit but if Feb looks like the same ol im done. Been thinking a lot about Winter Park....I really like it there

the minute you relocate its gonna dump in Tahoe..you know it

snoseek

the minute you relocate its gonna dump in Tahoe..you know it
Yeah, it's cool, California needs the water and honestly I'm sorta over it. It's been a rough three years. My move is about making money also...there is no work here...laid off people panhandling outside Safeway just to make rent, not your typical drug addicts either, normal people that didn't see this coming. I'm better off than some right now. I just need to make it till May, then I make great money. Things will be played different next winter for sure

skifree

Yeah, it's cool, California needs the water and honestly I'm sorta over it. It's been a rough three years. My move is about making money also...there is no work here...laid off people panhandling outside Safeway just to make rent, not your typical drug addicts either, normal people that didn't see this coming. I'm better off than some right now. I just need to make it till May, then I make great money. Things will be played different next winter for sure
good luck

wa-loaf

Southwest has some fares to Denver (non-stop) for $109 from Boston ... (I'm looking in March)

ScottySkis

Thats seriously Cheep…WOW, Very tempting, but my wife would shoot me !

Go for it. It cheaper then driving few hundred miles with gas and car expenses.. Even you have to give up skiing east coast for a weekend or two you be happy if you can pull it off.