• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Check out the first Winter forecast!

dlague

A little ski season stoke! I will take much above average! I really really really hope this pans out!

forecast.jpg

Domeskier

I might be inclined to bellow too if I heard my winter would be just average!

Mapnut

Actually snowfall in Florida is almost always below average. See, it snowed there once (at Blizzard Beach?), so the average annual snowfall is not zero, but in all the years it is zero, it's below average. Makes it a lot easier to prepare that map.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
I don't know if the copy/paste is going to work, but here's the link in case.
http://www.liveweatherblogs.com/ind...wdiscussion&groupid=8&topicid=1122&Itemid=179

Screen_Shot_2013-07-16_at_3.40.53_PM.png

bobbutts

Bastardi = Every winter is epic, every hurricane season is curtains for the east coast. Hype machine.
one of the least respected meteorologists around

That said, better forecasters do appear bullish for us this winter too :snow:

twinplanx

The overnights & early mornings have been cool recently. I even grabbed a light jacket when I walked the dog this AM. I was thinking to myself a thread like this can't be far off lol fingers crossed

ScottySkis

The overnights & early mornings have been cool recently. I even grabbed a light jacket when I walked the dog this AM. I was thinking to myself a thread like this can't be far off lol fingers crossed

+100 it has been great month so far, and keeps AC off to.

dlague

Yup - driving the wife crazy - as soon as I saw a night in the forties I was all about the cold - bring it on! She still wants the beach days but did entertain a ski tent sale for me in North Conway where we scored some gear! The deals will start to surface! So like I said bring on the cold!