• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Closing Dates for New England Mountains - 2015

Sons of Thunder

I think the only sure things for lift-served May turns are Killington and St-Sauveur. No one can take anything from granted when it comes to spinning in May.

Sugarloaf, Mont Comi should be able to make it.

Wildcat, Jay and SR might be the most tentative for various reasons.

Have you heard anything locally about conditions at St Sauveur? I'll probably be sticking to the green (for my wife) and blue (me and my daughter) trails off of L'Atomic Express. Trying to decide between there and Jay for April 30.

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
Have you heard anything locally about conditions at St Sauveur? I'll probably be sticking to the green (for my wife) and blue (me and my daughter) trails off of L'Atomic Express. Trying to decide between there and Jay for April 30.

I was hoping to go this weekend, but important stuff to deal with.

Red Bird is still open, not sure what is planned for next weekend? The question also is when will they decided only to run the l'étoile chair? I was hoping to make it to Maine with Apr 30-May 1, but I just realized that the concert I have tickets for in Ottawa is Friday night. I might ski at MSS on Saturday and south of the border on Sunday.

http://www.montsaintsauveur.com/en/trail-map

Sons of Thunder

Jay Peak anticipates having only Jet Triple and Jet open. So St-Sauveur it is I guess. Unfortunately St-Sauveur has very little info about which trails/lifts they're going to open, just that they're going to be open on the 30th. If anyone hears anything please let me know since my family needs access to green/blue trails.

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
Hmm, April 30th I can assure that green/blues will not ski as such this late in a season if they are available. Good luck.

Hill 70 at MSS although now rated black was a blue for many years. Red Bird might be more difficult if it is still open.

You want to find some legit green/blues, head to Mont Comi just past Rimouski. :blink:

Okay all kidding aside, here's my latest post on closings:

What do I mean by “May continue skiing”?

a) Ski area might open this weekend
b) Ski area might go beyond this weekend
c) Skiing into May
d) Lifts aren’t an end to all means.
e) All of the above

May continue skiing – Eastern Closing Thread 2016 – Week 5
https://madpatski.wordpress.com/2016/04/25/may-continue-skiing-eastern-closing-thread-2016-week-5/

drjeff

GM at Wildcat was apparently pretty gung ho about offering May turns next weekend. Snow won't be an issue.

The lake water is probably still a touch too chilly for BH to start his other skiing passion, water skiing, for that season!

Might as well spin the lifts for 1 more weekend of "frozen water" skiing! ;)

Sons of Thunder

Good news from Mt St Sauveur. I messaged their Facebook directly and received word that they'll have both Atomic and Etoiles lifts open and will be servicing 9 trails and their terrain park. They recently posted a pic showing the depth on Cote 70 was above the height of a person.

SIKSKIER

Good news from Mt St Sauveur. I messaged their Facebook directly and received word that they'll have both Atomic and Etoiles lifts open and will be servicing 9 trails and their terrain park. They recently posted a pic showing the depth on Cote 70 was above the height of a person.

They show next weekend(May7-8) scheduled also.

chuckstah

Sunday River has confirmed that they will be open this weekend. Sunday is free.

yeggous

Sunday River has confirmed that they will be open this weekend. Sunday is free.

I'll be there both days. Need to get up to North Conway to take my winter things home for the season. :sadwalk:

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

steamboat1

Killington is the only mountain in New England planning to offer lift serviced skiing beyond this weekend. I guess it'll be Killington & Mt. St. Sauveur duking it out again for last to close in the east. Perhaps Mad Pat knows of others.

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
Killington is the only mountain in New England planning to offer lift serviced skiing beyond this weekend. I guess it'll be Killington & Mt. St. Sauveur duking it out again for last to close in the east. Perhaps Mad Pat knows of others.

New England = Kmart is the only shop in town
East of the Rockies = Kmart and MSS and not daily.

We are going to be down to more or less one lift and two runs in each of them this weekend for K and MSS. It's ugly, so ugly that I'm not going to cross the border to ski in Maine this weekend even if it's free.

Everyone remaining is closing this weekend (SR, Loaf, Bush, Jay, Mont Comi).

The best deal for the $ is Mont Comi on the edge of the Gaspé Peninsula. $25 CDN for 24 out of 30 runs open....oh yeah, it's pretty far east and I'm going to a show in Ottawa tomorrow night.

chuckstah

I'll be there both days. Need to get up to North Conway to take my winter things home for the season. :sadwalk:

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Should be fun. Bring the rock skis! It's thin.

Sons of Thunder

New England = Kmart is the only shop in town
East of the Rockies = Kmart and MSS and not daily.

We are going to be down to more or less one lift and two runs in each of them this weekend for K and MSS. It's ugly, so ugly that I'm not going to cross the border to ski in Maine this weekend even if it's free.

Everyone remaining is closing this weekend (SR, Loaf, Bush, Jay, Mont Comi).

The best deal for the $ is Mont Comi on the edge of the Gaspé Peninsula. $25 CDN for 24 out of 30 runs open....oh yeah, it's pretty far east and I'm going to a show in Ottawa tomorrow night.

Hey Pat where did you get that news re MSS from? Did the Facebook person lie to me? :(

skiMEbike

I am in for Runs Sat and Sunday at the River.

Don't ski the brown snow...Here's a pic from last Saturday at the River. The loading area onto Barker was by far the worst, and the rest of the open trails (along with a few closed ones) were fine. I am sure they will farm some of the snow out of RC to make the Barker load area. It will be a ski & MTB weekend for me at the Loaf...CRNEMBA just opened up some ST along the gauge trail !!

Enjoy some of the last turns of the season everyone...It really is AMAZING we are skiing on May 1st given the lack of winter!!
SRiver BrownSnow.jpg