• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Conditions at Smuggs?

C-Rex

I have a condo booked this coming weekend at Smuggs. Anyone been lately? How are things? Any woods in play? I'm not sure I even want to know, but whatever, we'll make the best of whatever we get. Beer can make anything better.

tnt1234

I think the issue is going to be this storm tomorrow and whether it changes back to snow fast enough to erase the rain/ice damage of the day.

I'm supposed to be at stowe this weekend, but sadly, might bail because of this weather.

A friend was up there this weekend and said conditions were good - but it was brutally cold. Not everything ope at Stowe, and no woods in play really.

Smellytele

I think the issue is going to be this storm tomorrow and whether it changes back to snow fast enough to erase the rain/ice damage of the day.

I'm supposed to be at stowe this weekend, but sadly, might bail because of this weather.

A friend was up there this weekend and said conditions were good - but it was brutally cold. Not everything ope at Stowe, and no woods in play really.

Stowe/ smuggs could get snow this coming weekend

Tin

There have been a few posts on FB showing rescues in the Notch and one on Angel Food recently. All due to people skiing woods and the skinny snow conditions causing injury. After my leg injury early at Smuggs a couple years ago I would wait and keep busy with the Sterling Liftline.

C-Rex

Ok, thanks. Luckily, this trip was super cheap. $150/person for 2 nights lodging in the condos on Morse and a 3 day lift ticket. Maybe we'll get lucky, or maybe we'll just drink a lot.

jaybird

RumRunner and Chilcoot are fine.
The rest is awaiting record-setting March.
Prepare your liver for a barrage.

tnt1234

Saturday now looks like r$@n Come on....this sucks...

C-Rex

I'm just hoping the base survives and the snow that is supposedly coming this weekend does a good job of refreshing the surface.

BenedictGomez

Might not be all snow and the weather today said it was being pushed north into Canada - but we'll see.

Depending on the model, it might be best if it does avoid the area. Cold aloft, but getting dicey as it nears the ground.

gem_T2m_neus_13.png