• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Conditions in Central NY?

tekweezle

can anyone who lives in central NY give me the live scoop on the conditions? '

looks like they have had a stretch of good weather. However, the ski areas are closed til Friday and the websites don;t say much.

I was thinking of going to Greekpeak or maybe Labradour(there website says they will open from 9-9pm which is promising)but only if they are likely to open more than just a WROD.

Rambo

I have a season's pass to Greek Peak. Was up there Sat. 11/22 and they had great coverage on the few trails open. They were making a lot of snow and were selling lift tickets for $25.

Call the snow condition recording at 1-800-365-SNOW! It sounds wicked good for Fri. 11/28. Get there early if you can for first tracks!!

campgottagopee

Here ya go----Greek will be open Friday with all chairs!!!!! I live right in Virgil and I can tell you WE HAVE SNOW!!!!!!

Was up sunday 11/23 and was surprised how good the snow really was---

see you on the hill

We are too----if you call the "snow phone" they claim we've gotten 12" in the past 48 hrs---I'd say 10", but still close

As long as their not using the Sugarbush measuring stick...It looks like more snow showers this week for you guys..serious Stoke!!!! I've never skied Greek Peak before but I'd like to..maybe combine a trip up there with a day at Elk..

campgottagopee

As long as their not using the Sugarbush measuring stick...It looks like more snow showers this week for you guys..serious Stoke!!!! I've never skied Greek Peak before but I'd like to..maybe combine a trip up there with a day at Elk..

That would be cool---I've skied Elk many moons ago---Elk used to be owned by the same family that owns Greek so we could ski there real cheap.

If you head up send me a PM

tekweezle

so I made it Snowridge in Turin on saturday for opening day.

the snow never seemed to materialized as promised for the resorts near syracuse but there was a lake effect band going through the tug hill plateau so i opted to go there instead. turned out to be a good choice. it;s amazing how much snow they get up there. as i was driving up, i noticed the amounts of snow on the roofs of the houses were huge.

rode the lift with some ski patrollers. overall, a nice day skiing on 100% natural snow. they left portions ungroomed. too bad they only had 1 chair going. because of that, was stuck on the same 4 trails for the most part. did venture onto an ungroomed black called Kursteiner at the end of the day but it was pretty treacherous because the untracked snow had melted and refroze into cement!

skimore

too bad they only had 1 chair going. because of that, was stuck on the same 4 trails for the most part. did venture onto an ungroomed black called Kursteiner at the end of the day but it was pretty treacherous because the untracked snow had melted and refroze into cement!

Then you weren't looking hard enough......as we skied this type of snow all day

tekweezle

that looks great! i'll be back again.

didn;t want to go to crazy as it was my first day. besides, i was by myself so didn;t want to explore too far so I was content to go just play in the untracked stuff just off the trails which was fun. i probably could tagged along with some of the skiers I struck up a conversation with on the chairs i rode up with but I didn;t quite have my legs yet,

skimore

and this

3069916886_e4ceb4061b.jpg