• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

considering quebec

KustyTheKlown

this foul forsaken winter may be pushing me across the border this weekend. tremblant is on the max pass. 132 inches so far. 100% open. should get more snow than rain on both ends of the storm. rooms are cheap. lift tix for girlfriend are only $60 US a day. it's just far, but not that much further than going to jay. can't bring weed but I'll live. will do the deciding on Thursday. trail map looks like there is some sweet skiing up there.

this winter sucks and I'd rather not have to leave the country to ski in the east but am prepared for international adventures if need be

KustyTheKlown

sweet, pics look great. I'm still holding out hope that jay or whiteface get snow on the backend and I can save myself some drive time, but Quebec is a contending option for the first time ever for me right now

KustyTheKlown

I searched kayak and for some reason it only showed Newark flights with layovers in Toronto for $350 a person. Nope nope nope. Driving if i pull this trigger

KustyTheKlown

Loaf is only 30 miles less driving than tremblant and lodging and lift tickets for my girlfriend who doesn't have a pass would be significantly more expensive. If I don't go to Canada, I'm going to whiteface to use vouchers, or jay to use BOGO on Sunday

Cannonball

I have the first weekend of March booked at Le Masif. But we're on the fence due to conditions. Watching this week's weather closely. If we decide to cancel, it has to be by this friday. If anyone has first hand current reports I'd love to hear them...soon.

KustyTheKlown

Someone posted a massif trip report recently and it's drool worthy, all things considered

elks

Just came back from a week at Banff, which turned out to be cheaper than Mt. Tremblant (kids skied for free and lodging was cheaper and used miles for travel.) We had friends going to Mt. Tremblant so I shopped both.

Having skied both Sunshine/Lake Louise and Mt. Tremblant, Banff is certainly in another league than Mt. Tremblant. But, I digress since driving to Banff is not really an option.

But, it's the right time to go to Canada! Canadian dollar is in the toilet. It was $1.40 when we booked our trip. Just make sure it's not school vacation week in Quebec as Mt. Tremblant gets VERY busy at that time. If it is, maybe look at another one of the less popular Quebec resorts.

KustyTheKlown

Yea banff isn't really in the drive for 2 ski days radius. Good point about schools, will look into it

ironhippy

KustyTheKlown

yea, my hope was they would get more snow than new england on both ends of the storm and wind up with a net gain, and they have more base to work with in the first place. not making any decisions until thursday night/friday morning.

skiberg

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1456275851.040313.jpg
Was at tremblant last weekend. It was absolutely fantastic. Worth every penny and the drive. Best east coast skiing I have had In years.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

KustyTheKlown

opensnow tremblant says an inch tonight, 2-4" tomorrow day, 5-9" tomorrow night, 1-2" thursday day, 1-2" thursday night, and another 4" saturday day/night. will be interesting to watch the rain/snow line on this one. if this holds true...

https://opensnow.com/state/QC

tnt1234

sweet, pics look great. I'm still holding out hope that jay or whiteface get snow on the backend and I can save myself some drive time, but Quebec is a contending option for the first time ever for me right now

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. But we're more or less resigned to jay/stowe. The extra drive time, and the hotel costs etc...are keeping us VT bound I think. Small change we just keep driving to Tremblant.

It's a fun mountain. Was there for 4 or 5 days last year with my family. Really enjoyed it. Not a TON of extreme terrain, but enough for some good fun if there is snow.

And hear tell of plenty of stashes, but we stuck to the marked glades.

tnt1234

I have the first weekend of March booked at Le Masif. But we're on the fence due to conditions. Watching this week's weather closely. If we decide to cancel, it has to be by this friday. If anyone has first hand current reports I'd love to hear them...soon.

I thought they were ding pretty well. We were looking at that too, but too far for weekend.

tnt1234

Just saw current forecast for tremblant is strong for NEXT week...