• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Crotched Mountain - 12/19/2006

tcharron

Date(s) Skied: 12/19/2006

Resort or Ski Area: Crotched Mountain

Conditions: SM PWD

Trip Report:

We decided to see how Crotched was doing with their snowmaking efforts this week, so took a few hours after work to have some fun. The mountain only had one lift operating, but it went to the summit so it gave access to most of the trails that where open. I'd been watching their webcam all day, so I was exited when I arrived and could see their snowmaking efforts firsthand. Being a Tuesday night, between 6:30pm and 9pm we had the feeling of having a private mountain for the most part all to ourselves. :) Galaxy and Meteor had EXCELLENT coverage, and all of the snowguns where active the entire time we where there. I'd estimate most of the trails open had at least 4-6" of newly made untouched-by-groomer snow, with more piling up all night.

I had plenty of chances to in private show my true inner Gaper.

This was the first time I can recall snowing in freshly made snow, and god I loved it. Defiantly going to have some more fun after work today and tomorrow. If they can continue to make snow nights for the rest of this week, it will NOT take them long at all to have the entire mountain opened up.

If you stop by, give me a wave. I'll be the guy doing horrible turns trying desperately to get back up to speed on his ski's before the kids go to the mountain this weekend. ;-)

Below is a photo from this morning I just saw on their website. The pic don't lie. It's pretty,,

45893b981995d.jpg

Last edited: