• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Crotched Mt to get detachable quad

ceo

Is Peak ever planning to reopen the old Crotched East (which of course was the original Crotched Mountain)?

EPB

I really hope that Peak finally decides to install a summit high speed lift at Attitash in the near future. As one of the few Attitash (and now Wildcat) regulars on this board, I can't help but be happy for Crotched skiers, but think that Peak is really making a mistake by not installing a detach lift at Attitash.

My proposal is that they remove the Flying Yankee quad and install a six pack from the Flying Yankee base area to the true summit of Little Attitash, and a mid Station at the current summit of the Flying Yankee lift. This would allow summer operations and mid mountain unloading to remain unaffected. Summit capacity would be subtracted by any skiers getting off at the midstation.

The higher summit could be attached to the current summit of Attitash by a connector trail and additional trails could be cut into the bowl between Attitash and Bear Peak to further mitigate crowding concerns. In addition, the Flying Yankee could be re-installed where the current double-doubles are to create one of the best beginner and terrain park complexes in the East. Peak could even use Spillway as an additional terrain park slope if need be.

Further down the line, Peak could even consider re-installing the Summit Triple in the bowl area to allow skiers to make laps in the Attitash bowl area. In addition, the new lodge could be expanded onto where the Summit Triple base station currently sits.