• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Crowds at Bolton Valley?

Euler

Southern VT looks like it might get wrecked w/ a flash freeze overnight Sat into Sun. On the other hand, farther north theres a good chance the mixed precip will change to full-on snow much easier. I'm thinking of scooting up to Bolton Valley to ski on Sunday if the conditions seem to warrant it. (I have three free day passes there as an extra bonus from purchasing a Magic season pass this yr.) I don't want to do the drive, though, if the crowds will be maddening. What are MLK weekend crowds like at Bolton Valley?

Smellytele

The lodge can be crowded but the trails/lifts never are. The lodge does not have enough sitting and is poorly laid out. Looks large from the outside.

bdfreetuna

Been to BV a lot, mostly weekends, never waited more than 5 minutes in a lift line. Although you make up for that with slow lifts, but I'd rather be sitting down in between runs.

The lodge can get crammed as Smellytele mentioned.

Hope you get good skiing. If not -- go back to Bolton when the skiing is good. The mountain(s) is a total playground once you learn your way around.

ShadyGrove

Southern VT looks like it might get wrecked w/ a flash freeze overnight Sat into Sun. On the other hand, farther north theres a good chance the mixed precip will change to full-on snow much easier. I'm thinking of scooting up to Bolton Valley to ski on Sunday if the conditions seem to warrant it. (I have three free day passes there as an extra bonus from purchasing a Magic season pass this yr.) I don't want to do the drive, though, if the crowds will be maddening. What are MLK weekend crowds like at Bolton Valley?

Given the forecast, this is an excellent idea. I wish I had thought of it before I made other plans on Sunday. :-(

SkiRay

Also check out PICO.. Its also awesome too.. It will be busy though not as busy as Killington.

R

SkiRay

Pico would not be a good choice this Saturday given the expected weather over the next few days.

Really, Bolton will not be much better - if you are not at elevation or further North, its all going to be rough sailing.