• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Damage Control

Johnskiismore

Website
www.skine.net
With the warm up, followed by rain last night, how is your home mountain holding up? Cannon was funny today it went from bullet proof at the top to practically prime SC off of the Zoomer Chiar

skiing is life

still got edge to edge at the beast. slushy wet snow. the woods are still holding even though they are closed. its fun at the bottom because there all all these big puddles that you can skim through :smile:

Blue mountain began crusty and fast but it turned into buttery hero snow by late morning and early afternoon was Sublime..

loafer89

At Okemo yesterday, Triplesec and Challenger where developing bare spots and Double Diamond was in poor shape, while Outrage looked done for this year barring a heavy snowfall.

Mount Snow was in good shape, Olympic has good coverage and the trees are still deep in most spots. Ledge was fun and had big bumps and deep snow. Short Fuze Glade is really thin at the top and probably done for the year.

TheBEast

still got edge to edge at the beast. slushy wet snow. the woods are still holding even though they are closed. its fun at the bottom because there all all these big puddles that you can skim through :smile:

Skiing was great today, but let's just say that there was LOTS of running water on the mountain today.....need some cold nights and SNOW!!! :snow:

deadheadskier

Staff member
Stowe was edge to edge on everything but Upper Goat, Upper Starr and Lookout. In the woods, the base was down to about 18 inches at the very low elevations, but still a solid five-six feet up top.

Smuggs was covered with pretty massive bare spots on 75% of their trails. They absolutely need considerable snow if they're going to make it to the end of March, never mind well into April.

skimore

Adirondacks still have lots of snow, but crossing streams can be interesting

adk057.jpg

adk006-1.jpg

adk033.jpg

adk005-1.jpg

Geoff

At KMart, Fiddle is in tough shape. Royal Flush is in tough shape. The usual thin spots like skier's right of Skyehawk headwall are gone. Needles Eye liftline and skier's right of Needles under the Gondola have some rocks. The snowmaking trails are all edge-to-edge.

poconovfr

Camelback was.........well Camelback.If the plans are to make it till April,it's gonna be close.

Oh,and not a spring bump to be found........depressing.

4aprice

Camelback was.........well Camelback.If the plans are to make it till April,it's gonna be close.

Oh,and not a spring bump to be found........depressing.

I still think they make it. Bumps on Lower Cleo got good again Sunday afternoon. At least 3 good lines. They'll push snow back up the mountain as soon as possible. The deck was hopping this weekend.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

jaywbigred

I still think they make it. Bumps on Lower Cleo got good again Sunday afternoon. At least 3 good lines. They'll push snow back up the mountain as soon as possible. The deck was hopping this weekend.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

I was lapping them on Saturday and they were starting to ski nicely by the time I left. They were certainly "spring bumps" so I'm not sure what 4aprice was talking about.

Of course, Lower Cleo isnt the steepest trail, but, hey, they were there!

poconovfr

I was lapping them on Saturday and they were starting to ski nicely by the time I left. They were certainly "spring bumps" so I'm not sure what 4aprice was talking about.

Man,how long have you guys skiied CB? Lower Cleo is run out.

Remember when we had VW bumps......everywhere?
And could bbq in the parking lots?

Ah,those were the days. Hopefully no grooming will happen.There's still enough snow to pull it off.

Man,how long have you guys skiied CB? Lower Cleo is run out.

Remember when we had VW bumps......everywhere?
And could bbq in the parking lots?

Ah,those were the days. Hopefully no grooming will happen.There's still enough snow to pull it off.

You should check out Barneys Bumps @ Blue..

4aprice

Jay:

I was lapping them most of the weekend too. You should PM me when you go. I was wearing a black sweetshirt with a big Camelback logo on the back. I was actually with some Snow Journal (a couple are members here too) people Saturday and we had some good times on the deck after skiing.

They knocked over the big bumps Thursday night. I skied Friday and there were virtually no good lines at that point. I knew they were going to let the weekend traffic do the work. Obviously with the warmth and soft snow they got better and better all weekend. Sunday afternoon they had some really nice lines again. I have voiced my opinions to management about getting more moguls on the mountain. I think I might have some backers and maybe a sympathetic ear in management. There are bumps fans there.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

poconovfr

Jay:

I was lapping them most of the weekend too. You should PM me when you go. I was wearing a black sweetshirt with a big Camelback logo on the back. I was actually with some Snow Journal (a couple are members here too) people Saturday and we had some good times on the deck after skiing.

They knocked over the big bumps Thursday night. I skied Friday and there were virtually no good lines at that point. I knew they were going to let the weekend traffic do the work. Obviously with the warmth and soft snow they got better and better all weekend. Sunday afternoon they had some really nice lines again. I have voiced my opinions to management about getting more moguls on the mountain. I think I might have some backers and maybe a sympathetic ear in management. There are bumps fans there.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Alex I've been voicing to deaf ears all season.Why the bumps on Asp were blasted down is still mind blowing. I know things got firm and it was according to mgt. logical.Ok,let's go at it again. Run a clinic or two with ski school and turn 'em back up.....that's how they got there to begin with. Seems logical to me...

Well if nothing else the box race is this weekend and that's always good for some laughs.

4aprice

Alex I've been voicing to deaf ears all season.Why the bumps on Asp were blasted down is still mind blowing. I know things got firm and it was according to mgt. logical.Ok,let's go at it again. Run a clinic or two with ski school and turn 'em back up.....that's how they got there to begin with. Seems logical to me...

Well if nothing else the box race is this weekend and that's always good for some laughs.

Keep pounding away - thats what I'm going to do. Now that racing seasons over we should get one side of Cliffy w/bumps and Asp back as well. I won't be silent at the pass holders party.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ