• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Disgruntled Girlfreind

I have the exact same problem... she always wants to stop one run before i do!
:daffy:

Well then she can make herself useful and bring the car to the dropoff zone so you don't have to walk as far after you last run.

I'd love to meet a chick that rips..An Ex of mine was a mediocre skier but still travelled to places like Jackson Hole and Crested Butte with me..then a girl I dated last winter was a decent skier as well but I think she found me a little immature so she dumped me after less than 2 months..The goal for me is to not get any chicks pregnants..now you can joke that getting a girl pregnant should be the least of my worrys but hearing about people go a season or five without skiing due to little babies stinks...or not being able to afford skiing/ski trips due to having more mouths to feed. So I'm getting really close to getting myself fixed..and some of my friends have even offered to chip in on the vacectomy for the good of the human race..lol..

Anyway any single women on here between 21 and 30 who are looking for an independently wealthy..attractive man..who is caring and loyal..and enjoys long walks on the beach...check out www.match.com...lol

WJenness

I'm lucky on this front...

My girlfriend is the person who got me into skiing.

I ski a little more than her now, but she's with me probably 80% of my days, and the others aren't a big deal.

Though I understand your situation... and it can be tough. I had a girlfriend at one point that didn't have any activities or friends outside of the relationship, and she resented me for wanting to do things other than sit around the house or go shopping... one of the many reasons that relationship ended.

-w

drjeff

Way back when we were dating, I told my now wife that between skiing and golfing, I have outdooor, time consuming activities 52 weeks a year, and that if she wants to spend some extra time with me that she should consider learning to do them. Well, she atleast spends the cold weather weekends with me ;)

Geoff

Way back when we were dating, I told my now wife that between skiing and golfing, I have outdooor, time consuming activities 52 weeks a year, and that if she wants to spend some extra time with me that she should consider learning to do them. Well, she atleast spends the cold weather weekends with me ;)

Wife #1 renounced skiing on our honeymoon. WTF!

Johnskiismore

Website
www.skine.net
Compromise and also be up front about what you love to do! I went out with a girl many many years ago and after her dealing with a second season (and I was very upfront about what I do in the winter time with my days off), she said, 'You know you can't do this for the rest of your life..' That relationship did not last too much longer

Now I am very lucky as current girlfriend loves to ski!

Danaxxmiller

thanks for all the great advice. I actually have gotten her out last weekend and she is going with me this weekend to so I am hopefully that she will turn her into a bigger fan.

deadheadskier

Staff member
thanks for all the great advice. I actually have gotten her out last weekend and she is going with me this weekend to so I am hopefully that she will turn her into a bigger fan.

you might want to consider Saturday instead of Sunday; Sunday is supposed to be bitter cold. I've found with many women that the cold is their biggest turn off to the sport.

SKIQUATTRO

luckily i met and married a woman with an addiction equal to mine...and its spreading to the kids!!! my 3 yr old has been crying everynight since getting home from Smuggs last week...she wants to go back to ski camp!!!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
You know that women can change, right? When I met Brian, I had never before skied. Then again, he hadn't been skiing in a while either and didn't really take it up again until we'd been together 8.5 years. At that point, I was ready to join him. :D So just because she's not big-time into it now doesn't mean she can't be in the future. Good luck!