• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Do you ever drive South to ski?

Greg

Staff member
All of the places I ski regularly are at a further north latitude than I am. Not surprising given I live in CT. I have skied Southington and Powder Ridge which are both south of me though.

Johnskiismore

Website
www.skine.net
During the season there are times when I go to Massachusetts to visit family and friends, and I'll leave early enough to do a morning at Wachusett. With my Cannon pass two or three days at Gunstock are included, so if I go that is south from me as well.

Well in a few instances..I've skied at Doe mountain(now Bear Creak..aka Mount Assboyle) back in high school which is about 15 miles south of me..When I lived in Burlington Vermont, I travelled south to ski Killington, Sugarbush and Stowe. When I lived in Bozeman Montana, I travelled south to ski Big Sky, Jackson Hole and Grand Targhee...but the majority of my skiing requires a route in the direction of the north pole..including Blue mountain the true mountain which is about 18 miles due north of me..

drjeff

If you want to count the drive from my place at Mount Snow to the base area, then technically I drive South to go skiing each and every time I ski at Mount Snow (granted it's maybe 1/4 of a mile South ;) )

The view from my back deck looking due West. So technically the base area is South of my place ;) :rolleyes: ;)

Geoff

From Killington, I've driven south to ski Mount Snow several times. This winter, I'd like to hit Magic as well if the skiing gets good there. I have a free Wa-wachusett ticket for pre-Xmas. If I happen to be down there in December, I'll bring my skis and make a few laps.

4aprice

Blue Mountain is south of me and I have skied there. That is the very southern edge of the Pocono's and that is as far south as I would go anyway. I consider my stomping grounds as the Pocono's and regions north. With the exception of the occational trip to Florida I never travel south. West (read Rockies) and North, yes.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Nope, the skiing sucks in Toms River. Ok, kidding aside I usually either drive West to Blue Mountain or North to Killington

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
Well in a few instances..I've skied at Doe mountain(now Bear Creak..aka Mount Assboyle) back in high school which is about 15 miles south of me..When I lived in Burlington Vermont, I travelled south to ski Killington, Sugarbush and Stowe. When I lived in Bozeman Montana, I travelled south to ski Big Sky, Jackson Hole and Grand Targhee...but the majority of my skiing requires a route in the direction of the north pole..including Blue mountain the true mountain which is about 18 miles due north of me..

dude you sense of direction is off stowe is north of burlington. granted you have to SE on 89 to get 100N.

that said i would do the treck to K early season

bigbob

Skied Utah once, which is south of Cow Hampshire, but I flew there!