• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Does it always piss hot rain right before or on Christmas in eastern ski country or does if just seem that way?

KustyTheKlown

i've made some solid lemonade and for that i am grateful. hit the huge december storm perfectly at stratton and killington, skied the tail end of a 5 foot cycle at tremblant for 4 days over xmas, and skied fresh snow again at tremblant over mlk. skied a friday powder day at sugarbush and the following good weekend days, and skied 3 foot cycle leftovers at jay peak the next week. a pretty decent batting average considering the crap. just had to drive further than i normally would

Abominable

Wow it's a spring day out there today.... mid 50s and sunny in Westchester County. At this rate spring skiing St. Patrick's day is in doubt. I don't think the Cats or Berks are skiing too far into March without a major change in pattern.

Bummer.

Abominable

snap3.jpeg

Bumpsis

I have week-long trip booked at Sugarloaf for first week of March. I'll ski what there will be, just hope not to get rain. I'll get my wet snow waxes ready...:oops:. I feel like I'm sitting in the Caffe at the End of the Universe, watching it all unravel...

Abominable

A little off topic - I simply copy and pasted the image above, which I suppose means I hotlinked it. So that will forever update to the current webcam image at Catamount?

Can every one see that?

Is hotlinking still a faux pas?

I'm computer / html ignorant.

eatskisleep

Has made it much easier standing by the side of a race course coaching my sons Highschool team for sure. Not as easy to do when you're in "coach mode" and the snow is great and you want to be out free skiing. That's about the only "good" thing I can say about this season for the most part thusfar for me
Always good to stay positive! I like the attitude

urungus

A little off topic - I simply copy and pasted the image above, which I suppose means I hotlinked it. So that will forever update to the current webcam image at Catamount?

Can every one see that?

Is hotlinking still a faux pas?

I'm computer / html ignorant.
The image is updating every time I refresh this page

snoseek

Its a xmas tradition and wouldn't feel quite right without it.

snoseek

I’d like to skip it one of these years. I am all set with 2023, get me out of this.
You got in on that good stuff a couple weeks ago though right?

I'm gonna ski somewhere on Wednesday....or more like skate. it's not gonna much fun but my standards will drop and my legs will get stronger. I'm sure it will snow at some point

Hawk

I was so sure it would rain that we planned a trip to New Orleans to hang with my best man and his wife. I did that months ago.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

Mainer

It’s almost a hurricane in the MWV. Got a couple inches of rain going to get a couple more. The wind is ripping. Flood warnings are up. It looks like it might be a worse Christmas weather wise than last year. Except I didn’t have power for a week last christmas

BodeMiller1

The low is tracking too far North. The dip in the jet stream too South to North.
Looks like my last cardio gram. ❤️
Needs to Flat - Line. 👍

Edd

Mont-Sainte-Anne report:

Due to the heavy rainfall expected on Monday, the Station will be closed for the day on Monday, December 18. The plan to reopen the Station will be evaluated during the day on Monday, depending on the actual amounts of rain received and the evolution of conditions on the ground. An update will be made later on today

MidnightJester

Last year 12/16,17,19...snowed almost 30 inches...
Could use that again cause the recent Snow. 20" North Vermont got and 6" or so Southern VT received is all screwed now. Southern VT is not a Snow trip I would plan till well after New Years for sure.

VT will be lucky if it gets 2" or more of snow in the next 10 days