• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

donating plasma?

chase

Does anyone have any experience or opinion concerning the donation of plasma for money?

thanks

BeanoNYC

It takes about 2 hours and you get upwards of $30. You can donate twice a week, so your looking at around or over $200 a month. You'll have to work the ethics out for yourself...

deadheadskier

Staff member
My only experience?

I had a dishwasher that worked for me in Ohio. He used to donate twice a week. He cited the money, but also the added benefit that doing so he could catch the buzz off six beers that normally took twelve :lol: I had a running joke with him, Bill you going to save money on beer today? :lol:

ckofer

Website
www.skicheapordie.com
vending.jpg

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I donate platelets every 2 weeks voluntarily, no pay. Sometimes it sucks, but most of the time it's no big deal. I'm on the machine typically 80 minutes. The pain of donating is pretty laughable compared to what the patients that need the donation are going through. They take plasma too.

Selling bodily stuff like that is pretty skeevy, IMHO.

dmc

I almost did it in college but chickened out...

i do give blood whenever i can...