• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Driving to the Mountain

El Bishop

When are people leaving to get wherever they are going? Any idea if VT will plough I-89 on a schedule or do they treat ahead and then wait until the storm is mostly over to get out there?

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Yeah they will plow continuously.

Coming from boston tomorrow morning shouldn't be too bad because boston didn't get as much snow comparatively. by the time you get to the snowier regions hopefully the plows will already have had their opportunity to clear the way.

VTKilarney

Vermont does not have a bare roads policy, they have a "safe roads at safe speeds" policy. In my experience, plowing is extremely limited from about midnight until 5:00 AM or so.

So the short answer is that the roads will be plowed, but you should be prepared for some slow going.

dlague

We cannot leave until 7:30 to see the kiddo's off to school (if not cancelled) If cancelled, well may be 7. We are skiing Stowe which is about 2 hours away and are attitude is - we will get there when we get there. Our target time to start skiing is 10 am.

Bene288

We cannot leave until 7:30 to see the kiddo's off to school (if not cancelled) If cancelled, well may be 7. We are skiing Stowe which is about 2 hours away and are attitude is - we will get there when we get there. Our target time to start skiing is 10 am.

I'd say that's realistic. I'm leaving for Magic at 6:00 from Albany. I'm hoping to be skiing by 9:30 or so.

JDMRoma

Cannon opens at 9, Im leaving at 6……giving my self some extra time ! will nap if Im too early !

Wavewheeler

3+ hours to Platty from the Jersey Shore and the lifts open at 8:45 am means I should leave at 4 am. Ouch. I should go to bed soon...

Stache

Website
WWW.SKIWITHSTACHE.COM
I live in Lebanon, NH.
Normally take less than 30 minutes to Dartmouth Skiway.
Figure I will leave the house at 7:30 and I'll have a shot at one of the first ten chairs at the nine o'clock bell.

Savemeasammy

For your sake, I hope it's not a delay...!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Savemeasammy

For your sake, I hope it's not a delay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk