• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ebay find of the week - Mogul Skis

Savemeasammy

Looks like someone found these in the attic... They haven't been around for a number of years.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Highway Star

Looks like someone found these in the attic... They haven't been around for a number of years.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Yeah, about 12 years old, new old stock....a modern classic. The seller is clearly Strand's ski shop in Worcester....whole place is an attic.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Nice catch on Strands. I haven't been there in near 30 years. It was like an attic back then, but they knew how to fit boots well.

cdskier

Why do the pictures have dates from 2015? Were they really taken last year? Or does someone just not know how to set the date on the camera properly?

Highway Star

Why do the pictures have dates from 2015? Were they really taken last year? Or does someone just not know how to set the date on the camera properly?

I'm surprised they found the internet. QED.

Domeskier

Nice find.

Kind of off-topic, but according to the Kneissl website, these are the best selling product in alpine history:

Bigfoot.jpg

I think I know someone who might be interested.

jack97

I would have pulled the trigger on either ski. Last season's sub par conditions force me to use my rock skis and soon to be rock skis. My problem right now is that I have two freshly mounted mogul skis and a third pair waiting for a good deal on bindings. Could not convince myself to buy another pair when I have a surplus.

Domeskier

I already have a pair of F17 WCs, which is the only reason I wasn't tempted on that find. Awesome price for those, especially since the only thing that's changed on them is the graphics.

Savemeasammy

I already have a pair of F17 WCs, which is the only reason I wasn't tempted on that find. Awesome price for those, especially since the only thing that's changed on them is the graphics.

I have a pair of WC's on the way.

Since the bloodlines aren't available in longer than 170 (at least on that site at that price) it's a non-starter. FWIW, powbmps has a pair of bloodlines.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

Domeskier

I have a pair of WC's on the way.

Since the bloodlines aren't available in longer than 170 (at least on that site at that price) it's a non-starter. FWIW, powbmps has a pair of bloodlines.

Nice. I pulled the trigger on a pair of 183 Twisters a couple weeks ago to replace the classics, which took a beating this spring and are being relegated to rock skis. I remember seeing powbmps on the Elans last spring and was intrigued by how much narrower they seemed than the classics. I'm trying to get my brother to buy them to replace his whatever they are called. He is used to short skis!

Savemeasammy

Nice. I pulled the trigger on a pair of 183 Twisters a couple weeks ago to replace the classics, which took a beating this spring and are being relegated to rock skis. I remember seeing powbmps on the Elans last spring and was intrigued by how much narrower they seemed than the classics. I'm trying to get my brother to buy them to replace his whatever they are called. He is used to short skis!

I'm not sure I would recognize him if he had regular skis and, dare I say it....? Poles!

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app