• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Emerging signal for storminess for the end of January

bdfreetuna

Berkshire east is probably getting dumped on based on the snow were getting in Hampshire county... 4" fresh big flakes so far in Northampton and still coming down

JDMRoma

On and off sun all dat at cannon. Not a single flake.
Same thing at Bretton Woods today…..not a single flake ! Didn't hit Snow until just below Waterville……
and the 6 inches of heavy wet base building snow at home……..Just F-N Lovely…..WRONG Place Once again ! Seriously can we get a break !!!
Heading to Cannon tomorrow…….

drjeff

About an inch as of 6PM at Mount Snow so far. Snow intensity picked up in the last 45 min ago or so to the point where I'd now say that its actually snowing whereas prior to this it was more like just flurries since late morning

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AlpineZone mobile app

2.5 inches here at Lake Sunapee. Best snow all day coming down right now lol. I heard SR got around 8 inches, is this confirm?

xwhaler

6" of heavy wet down at home. Luckily the snowblower powered through tonight
Big fat flakes at Whaleback starting about 1 and still coming down about 3 when we left.....guessing maybe an inch when we left......storm was really a SE NH jackpot it seems

Sent from my VS980 4G using AlpineZone mobile app

catsup948

I did not ski today due to sick children but we have 4-5 inches of wet snow here in shelburne falls. It's still snowing.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

catsup948

I'm hoping for something the next ten days to add to this. Looks like cold and more cold until at least next weekend. Good snow making weather. Would be great to end the month with a decent storm as it seems like the time frame for bigger event.

MadMadWorld

I did not ski today due to sick children but we have 4-5 inches of wet snow here in shelburne falls. It's still snowing.

My plans got derailed because of a sick child as well. Hope they are feeling better.....tis the season!

WJenness

Went to Gunstock today... snowed until about 1:00, then the sun came out... they were reporting 4" in the past 24 hours this morning at 6:00 when I checked the website. I arrived around 9:15, came back to my car a little after 2, maybe another inch had accumulated on my car... Decent day.

Euler

AmericanWX.com weather weenies are chattering about possible snow this Thurs and/or this weekend. Cant make any sense of what they're saying yet though.

skifree

Sorry guys all my fault. Took the 4x4 and put a shovel in the back.

LiquidFeet

Snowed all day at Cannon. It was still snowing outside my condo in Franconia at 4:00, but has stopped now.
Cannon's website is reporting 2"-4" fell today in addition to 1" last night. They were blowing snow on the front five all day long.

Last edited: