• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Filling the time- what are you doing?

legalskier

Now that the season is--let's face it--pretty much kaput, what are you doing to fill the time you would've spent on the mountain?

I don't really have a plan right now. Worked out, went for a long hike with the missus, did some yard work, sized up organizing the garage but then March Madness came on the tube.

Yesterday I was lapping soft mogul runs in the sunshine- today I feel like a rudderless boat. Where did it go? :???:

Stache

Website
WWW.SKIWITHSTACHE.COM
532292_2945655768653_1479041220_32274925_353991055_n.jpg

kingslug

I.......went west..spring skiing the last couple of days..nice...One more day then...I have to get in better shape, think some hiking is in order, and finally use the damn bike I bought...

goldsbar

Mountain biking was great on Saturday. I stopped in early December last year and pretty much the entire Fall was wet and all the water crossings were raging. Saturday was bone dry.

steamboat1

I know what I'll be doing, ocean boat fishing, beach bumming, tending my garden & actually doing a liitle work for a living.

It's way to early for this thread however, it's depressing.

Not your fault but the way this ski season has ended so early is still setting in.

Bumpsis

Surfing - the water temps this winter never dropped below 40*F and now it's already 45* F. I was never into winter surf anyway, but this is the earliest I've been in the water so far.
Biking, running. I hope to get in a few good hikes before the flying vermin (black files) will make it really unpleasant to be in the mountains.

skidbump

Started cleaning out daylillies and splitting them up and potting them up "5 weeks early".I sell perennials and small trees so between starting from seed,dividing,and rooting i am busy usually from mid April thru to fall.This year it started 1 month early and now with temps dropping down and a hard freeze warning i need to purchase some space heaters for my 2 greenhouses and some plastic sheets to cover my 200 blueberry plants.Also purchased a 68 f100 and after the engine gets rebuilt i will have that to play with when i have free time.

Glenn

Getting ready for yardwork. I may have to fire up the mower soon in CT. In VT, time to start processing some firewood for next season.

lou12572

since this season ended a bit to early i was doing yard work, demolishing 1 bedroom, putting in insulation in said room and started putting up the drywall. the wife was rather
happy i was home instead of skiing. in a way it was good to start picking away at the honeydo list :spin:(which is numerous) lol. still hoping for 1 more day friday at jay keeping fingers crossed.;-)

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
since this season ended a bit to early i was doing yard work, demolishing 1 bedroom, put
happy i was home instead of skiing. in a way it was good to start picking away at the honeydo list :spin:(which is numerous) lol.

Should'n the Honey Do list be inversely proportional to the depth of the snow?:dontknow:

BackLoafRiver

Still have some time on snow left...i'll go as long as they spin lifts. However, as soon as they end I will Gym while its wet, Mountain Biking as soon as the trails dry out. Looking to pick up a road bike so I can stay out the gym as much as possible.

wa-loaf

Back at work from trip to CO. Heading to the Loaf for the AZ summit and will then probably be done.