• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

First signs that ski season is near

dlague

First day I was able to see snow on Pikes Peak on my way to work! This pic was taken around 10 from my office but it looked even better a 7 am. Not a whole lot but it is visible. Made me smile!

Attachments

• 1472141954618.jpg
    1472141954618.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 182

jimk

I got a new pair of skis in the mail. Last year's model Nordica NRGy 80's. These are for the East Coast. 177cm long, 80mm under foot and not that much sidecut, which I'm hoping will be good for bumps and scarving-up frontside terrain.;-)
Got them from a Boston store - Ski Monster.

cdskier

Got a card in the mail today from a local ski shop advertising their annual pre-season ski & board tune-up sale!

xwhaler

The vantage is a nice ski. Have a buddy who skis that same ski in a 185 and raves about them. Nice work

jimk

Nice shot D.

I made a rookie mistake. Bought a flat ski thinking I could switch system bindings from a four year old ski I blew the edge out of onto the new flat ski. Oops. No can do. Had to buy new bindings for new ski. My internet bargain turned out to not be such a bargain. And I felt pretty foolish bringing all this to local ski shop for clarification and assistance. :oops: At least I gave them about $175 of my binding/mounting/waxing business for the new set-up.

jimk

I got a new pair of skis in the mail. Last year's model Nordica NRGy 80's. These are for the East Coast. 177cm long, 80mm under foot and not that much sidecut, which I'm hoping will be good for bumps and scarving-up frontside terrain.;-)
Got them from a Boston store - Ski Monster.
Nordica NRGy 80