• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

First signs that ski season is near

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Sounds perfectly reasonable to me (maybe AZ'ers collectively aren't the best authority on the normalcy of this?)

image.jpgimage.jpg

I have to wait a while to mount my new bindings , they showed up on the front porch UPS .
My wife made it home before I did , Thanks Mountain Gear for the conspicuous packaging !!!
Haven't told her about the Skis yet
Appropriate name "Hell and Back"!

cdskier

Haven't told her about the Skis yet
Appropriate name "Hell and Back"!

Love my Hell and Back skis!

Just saw Pumpkin beers in the local super market today...I also have a countdown on my white board in my cube at work on the days until snowmaking starts at Sugarbush!

drjeff

I rode a chair lift and hugged a few snow guns while at the adventure park at Bromley yesterday! Plus the Old Farmer's almanac winter forecast was just released!

MadMadWorld

AZ changes:

The summer seagulls (my version of the snow bird) come back and start posting again - just in time for them to win a giveaway!

People start saying nice things about one another and just maybe there is an apology

People start talking about skiing again instead of stupid and pointless political mumbo-jumbo

JAM614

We started cutting new glades at Black Mountain of Maine so Winter can't be too far behind.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
4 cords of wood looking seasoned from the spring....football on TV ...pics of killington mowing the trails as well as pulling out snow guns. Yeah. ....it's on its way!

Madroch

Used the house fan last night and woke up a bit chilly... Makes me want to start tuning the quiver...

cdskier

Received a card in the mail for "Heino's Famous Pre-Season Ski Tune-Up Sale". Almost time to drop off my skis for a tune-up. (Heinos is a local ski shop in NJ for those outside the area)

Domeskier

Received a card in the mail for "Heino's Famous Pre-Season Ski Tune-Up Sale". Almost time to drop off my skis for a tune-up. (Heinos is a local ski shop in NJ for those outside the area)

Had my last two pairs of skis mounted there. Great shop. Especially for boot-fitting.

cdskier

Had my last two pairs of skis mounted there. Great shop. Especially for boot-fitting.

Couldn't agree more. Had my boots fitted there as well. Best boots I've ever had. When I first went looking at boots there it was the end of the previous season and they outright said they wouldn't sell me any boots since they didn't have anything left that would be ideal for the shape of my foot (they sold my dad boots though). Refreshing to see someone not interested in just making a sale. When I went back the following fall they spent a great deal of time making sure we chose the right boots.

dlague

I finished barbecuing our supper and it was DARK out! :-o

Yup mowing the lawn after work and dinner is not much of an option any longer! Which means not many lawn mowing days left, which also means winter is near!