• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

First signs that ski season is near

Puck it

Snowblowers are for those who waste time blowing snow rather than skiing it! I just have someone plow my driveway! I have not seen him yet and from the sounds of it probably not until the new year.
Unless you have a driveway that can not be plowed

Tin

Snowblowers are for those who waste time blowing snow rather than skiing it! I just have someone plow my driveway! I have not seen him yet and from the sounds of it probably not until the new year.

In other threads you complain about a $2-4 hike in lift ticket and gear prices but pay someone plow your driveway. I really hope for this forum's sake you get to go skiing soon.

Puck it

Yup. The house I rented last year had too steep a driveway for even a snowblower. Lots of shoveling last winter...
I have a retaining wall for the pool at the end. And plow drivers don't do a good job back dragging.

hammer

I have a retaining wall for the pool at the end. And plow drivers don't do a good job back dragging.
Garage under with driveway close to the property line and a retaining wall at the end. Have never had anyone plow my driveway.

First (of now three) next door neighbors had theirs plowed and the plow driver had to back drag. They usually had chewed up lawn around their driveway in the spring. No thanks.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
this thread sure has wandered far from the thread title! Tried to bring it back, no luck. Just change the title to "General Ramblings about ski conditions, snow removal gear and resorts.

:stirpot:

Terry

I thought tonight would be a good evening to try and find all my ski stuff and pack it in my bag. I found an old pair of dirty socks and a half empty flask in my bag from the last time I skied last spring. Working on finishing off the flask tonight. Hot Damn 100!

Los

bump

discounted smuggs tix for the 2016-2017 season are now available on liftopia.

A small sign that the season cometh.

KustyTheKlown

good day all. it's early august and skiing is on the brain. i'm sure i'll be lurking around here quite a bit again.

i just cleared dec 21-jan 2 off from work. i'm going to either go visit SLC buddy or denver buddy from 12/21-26, then come back 27 and link up with the girlfriend on the 28 and drive up to tremblant for skiing 29-30-31, and new years eve in montreal, drive back to nyc on 1/1. conditions willing. got fully refundable hotels in tremblant and montreal already booked. all ski days around xmas/new years will be max pass.

hammer

First e-mail from a local ski shop that's now open for the season. Would have to come on what seems to be the hottest day of the summer so far.