• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

First signs that ski season is near

Edd

I guess you haven't seen Deer Valley or Sun Valley pricing.

I haven't, but not those aren't competing Northeast resorts, so I don't consider it the same thing. By the measure of New England resorts, Stowe's season pass rates are sky high.

steamboat1

I haven't, but not those aren't competing Northeast resorts, so I don't consider it the same thing. By the measure of New England resorts, Stowe's season pass rates are sky high.
As are Deer Valley & Sun Valley passes compared to their competition. You can buy an Epic pass & ski Park City for less than 1/2 the price of a Deer Valley pass & they're located right next to eachother.

JimG.

Staff member
Places like Stowe, Deer Valley and Sun Valley don't care about skiers who ski on the cheap.

In fact, those places are happy that this buying segment doesn't ski at their resorts. They are deliberately pricing their product to attract high end spenders and discourage brown baggers at the same time.

dlague

Places like Stowe, Deer Valley and Sun Valley don't care about skiers who ski on the cheap.

In fact, those places are happy that this buying segment doesn't ski at their resorts. They are deliberately pricing their product to attract high end spenders and discourage brown baggers at the same time.

On point! It is funny though Vail offers the Epic Pass variations yet a single lift ticket last season was $165. So they are set up for skiing on the cheap with the pass and those who do not care or know can spend a lot.

yeggous

Cortina is a fun place to stay.Although expensive the town is has a great nightlife and potential to connect to hundreds of lifts through the Dolimiti Superski.Have been to Cortina but not for skiing.Its close to Venice if you want to mae an inteerstng combo trip.

Tickets booked. Venice was too expensive so I'm flying to Milan. Airfare $660, midsize rental car $440 for 10 days including the CDW. My wife is demanding a day in Venice en route which I'll allow. I am stoked.

Where in the Dolomites should we stay? A few days in Cortina to be sure.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

SIKSKIER

Tickets booked. Venice was too expensive so I'm flying to Milan. Airfare $660, midsize rental car $440 for 10 days including the CDW. My wife is demanding a day in Venice en route which I'll allow. I am stoked.

Where in the Dolomites should we stay? A few days in Cortina to be sure.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

I never stayed in Cortina,only stopped for the day on the way to Venice so I have no beta their.Milan is the place to fly into as thats where I did also.I was only talking about a day trip to Venice if you have not been as its only 2-3 hours away.If it were me and trying to please the wife with the Venice spur,here is what I would do.From Milan head towards Venice.On the way you will go by Lake Guarda,stop there if only for a few hours and then to Venice.Do at least one night there and then head north towrds the Alps of Cortina and the like and finish your ski trip there.Then back to Milan.If you look on a map you will see this route makes sense.Enjoy,Italy is amazing.

mriceyman

Yep- the ski dreams are starting up for me too. Reminds me that I'd like to master lucid dreaming. How awesome would that be....

Lucid dreams are whacked.. If you have a buzz going and finish a drink right before bed things can get crazy

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

skiNEwhere

It was 46 degrees this morning. Definitely had a "winter is coming" feel to it

KustyTheKlown

its been too hot to even ride my bike or hit the trail. this horrible time of year needs to end soon and fast.

Bene288

Was in Amesbury, MA recently and noticed quite a few acorns on the ground already.

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk

Tin

Was in Amesbury, MA recently and noticed quite a few acorns on the ground already.

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk

Really were coming down in RI for a couple weeks. Thinking the drought is going to make for an early and quick leaf season as well.

Puck it

Really were coming down in RI for a couple weeks. Thinking the drought is going to make for an early and quick leaf season as well.
nuts.gif