• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

First Snowfalls, Upcoming weather and Storms of winter 2023-2024. Storm snow totals, Observations and Predictions?

MidnightJester

Well, hello there, East Coast! After a particularly tough start for East Coast resorts, the white stuff has finally arrived in New England. And best of all there is more in the forecast. Get out there and enjoy the snow, it is finally here!

Today’s Deepest Resorts – North America’s Top 5 Snowfall Totals for January 17, 2024​

(#4) -- JAY PEAK RESORT 10" Jay Peak, VT -- 70/81 trails -- (10"-12") --- (183" Season Total)
IMG_5437.jpeg

(#1) -- KILLINGTON 15" Killington Resort, VT -- 141/155 trails -- (15") --- (96" Season Total)
IMG_5439.jpeg

Updated Wednesday1/17/24 (open trail counts) -- (New Storm total)---(Season total)

Mount Snow, VT -- 43/86 -- (4") --- (51" Season Total)​

Stratton, VT -- 70/99 -- (8") --- (54" Season Total)​

Magic Mountain, VT -- 18/50 -- (6") --- (46" Season Total)​

Okemo, VT -- 112/129 -- (4") --- (49" Season Total)​

Killington Resort, VT -- 141/155 -- (15") --- (96" Season Total) **Snow Storm Winner**

Sugarbush, VT -- 109/111 -- (10") --- (126" Season Total)

Bolton Valley, VT -- 54/71 -- (6") --- (153" Season Total)​

Stowe, VT -- 104/127 -- (7") --- (123" Season Total)​

Smugglers Notch, VT -- 47/78 -- (3") --- (121" Season Total)​

Jay Peak, VT -- 70/81 -- (10"-12") --- (183" Season Total)

Last edited:

MidnightJester

Heading up to K Thurs Fri.

Finally some good storms.
The Middle of Next week a new Snow system is a good possibility. Around 1/24/24
The Snow storms will continue with just a slight warm up next week. We need to skirt these mild January temperatures coming up with new moisture systems with Snow at Elevation and just enough Cold especially up North. Everything from now through middle of next week is Good or better Snow conditions at most mountains just near ZERO or MINUS with wind chills. Just COLD COLD COLD.
DCT_SPECIAL37_1280x720.jpg

Last edited:

4aprice

They predicted 1 to 2 inches...yeah..how about 1 to 2 an hour
Roads are a shitshow to the sirportView attachment 60613
Just talked to my son at Winter Park. 9 fresh overnight, says it's skiing more like 2 feet.

Roads are a mess out west. Did I read there was a significant slide in BCC? Berthoud, Loveland and Monarch passes have all been closed and the tunnel being metered and heard stories of hour + rides up from Silverthorne to the entrance. Berthoud reopened last night and my son said it was alright this morning.

Smellytele

Just talked to my son at Winter Park. 9 fresh overnight, says it's skiing more like 2 feet.

Roads are a mess out west. Did I read there was a significant slide in BCC? Berthoud, Loveland and Monarch passes have all been closed and the tunnel being metered and heard stories of hour + rides up from Silverthorne to the entrance. Berthoud reopened last night and my son said it was alright this morning.
I have 2 weeks before I have to drive over Berthoud thank ullr

Hillwalker95

How is next weekend looking in your view? Heading up to Bolton Valley & Jay Peak with better half for 4 days. I see Sat 30F/freezing rain for Accuweather which i guess could go either way given still a week away.

KustyTheKlown

I only look at tomorrow's forcast..

yea and i just committed to killington sunday. gotta get while the getting is good at a place where i am gonna get more than 6 runs. sorry magic. got a super cheap room in lake george tomorrow night. better than just leaving my apt at 2:45 AM. how i've grown.

Zand

Doesn't look like the warmup is too insane next week. Hopefully the hills stay snow with whatever comes through.

Pico Sunday for me, then staying at one of Kusty's beloved Rutland haunts Sunday night and K on Monday. I also want to hit Magic, just want to see them get one more snowfall first.

kingslug

yea and i just committed to killington sunday. gotta get while the getting is good at a place where i am gonna get more than 6 runs. sorry magic. got a super cheap room in lake george tomorrow night. better than just leaving my apt at 2:45 AM. how i've grown.
Just be prepared for some very icy stuff.
We found better conditions in the low angle woods today.
It did snow all day though..so the groomers will have something to work with.

KustyTheKlown

Good for those who chose to brave it today. I found this to be a good excuse to say “baby I’m gonna hang out with you this Friday and saturday!”, win some domestic points. Ski tomorrow, should be a beautiful day.

kingslug

Sunday all through the week steady warmup...hopefully not too much though.
At stowe the quad,sensation quad and gondi all on windhold...wonder what the Sixpack line is like...you can keep that!