• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

First Snowfalls, Upcoming weather and Storms of winter 2023-2024. Storm snow totals, Observations and Predictions?

4aprice

We are going to Stratton this weekend. Forecast is all over the place with rain, snow, glop and either warm (40) to below freezing. Things maybe in our favor, not a lot of rain and wind which an be helpful in drying out the snow before the refreeze.

Regardless, we will, ski, apres ski, hot tub and eat and enjoy all that Stratton and it's "fake village" is.

We do this Stratton weekend every season. Stay at the Black Bear across the street. Not cheap but a nice get away

Can't be as bad as it was for us one year. Snowed 15" only to have it rain 2" on the Thursday, then dropped into the deep freeze. Some of the trails had ice formation like you see on the rock walls on the highway. We still skied (a lot of lower angle stuff) and had a good time. Stratton did a great job of getting some trails under the guns and re surfaced for Sunday Morning.

Looking forward to it.

KustyTheKlown

yea we are in for quite a pretty penny on this airbnb and we intend to make the most of it

this is the only new england weekend of the year i book in advance and do on the nice

i thought ye olde tavern would be a fun place for the family. they could only get us in at 4:45. we took it.

Mainer

The ice is impressive in the mwv. 1/4 to 1/2 thick. My dogs slipped onto their butts the second they walked out the door

The Sneak

The ice is impressive in the mwv. 1/4 to 1/2 thick. My dogs slipped onto their butts the second they walked out the door

Yeah and the forecast for the WV/Loon area is up to another 1/3 inch of ice. So annoyed, supposed to ski Sunday and I'm not driving up and back for garbage.

parahelia

I had sort of written off this weekend based on the forecast, but the near-term HRRR/NAM guidance is actually looking pretty good for ME/NH on Friday. Mostly if not all snow. 🤞

Attachments

• hrrr.png
    hrrr.png
    158.9 KB · Views: 12

tnt1234

yea we are in for quite a pretty penny on this airbnb and we intend to make the most of it

this is the only new england weekend of the year i book in advance and do on the nice

i thought ye olde tavern would be a fun place for the family. they could only get us in at 4:45. we took it.
How many in the house?

I've never gone to that tavern - isn't that next to the mexican place? Gringo Jack? That's one of our go tos....Tavern fun?

tnt1234

GFS shows snow next week nut not showing up in forecasts...long way off, but hope it happens.

KustyTheKlown

How many in the house?

I've never gone to that tavern - isn't that next to the mexican place? Gringo Jack? That's one of our go tos....Tavern fun?

10 in the house. 8 adults. 4 year old and 1 year old boys.

ye olde tavern is like an 18th century farmhouse with a restaurant in it. its just a very cozy new england vibe. its a little bit out of central manchester on 7 or 7a

Last edited:

Hillwalker95

10 in the house. 8 adults. 4 year old and 1 year old boys.

ye olde tavern is like an 18th century farmhouse with a restaurant in it. its just a very cozy new england vibe. its a little bit out of central manchester on 7 or 7a

You're lucky having close family. My kids are in college and other parts of my family are a freak show. Fortunately, got a great better half so we enjoy the slopes together mostly

MidnightJester

This is what the end of the weekend Snow warriors can look forward too enjoying on mountain or driving back through. Apparently not a lot of Northern mountains grabbing Snow from this incoming Snow system unfortunately. At least the mountains can regularly attempt to make & blow some snow again after Sunday.
SunMonSnowMapNE25Jan340p.jpg

KustyTheKlown

been up all night listening to the sound of ice pellets smack my roof 5 miles up 30 from Manchester 🥺