• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

First Snowfalls, Upcoming weather and Storms of winter 2023-2024. Storm snow totals, Observations and Predictions?

thebigo

Loon firing up on leap day. Most years everyone other than K and maybe SR has been done for weeks.

Snowmaking Fired Up
Temps Dipping
Temperatures are expected to plummet below freezing overnight, and our snowmaking crew is prepped to jump into action. They'll be firing up on trails including Brookway, Exodus, Flying Fox, Upper Picked Rock, Grand Junction, Link, Seven Brothers, Crosscut, Lower Northstar, Rampasture and Lower Bear Claw.

TyWebb

I go by Bolton Valley every day. They've been hammering the bottom of the hill and of yesterday it was holding up. The problem is all of the snow has melted out of the valleys. Even the ice from the springs has fallen off or melted.

Heading up there tomorrow to ski Fri, Sat and Sun tho I may head up to Jay one day. Have been checking their webcams today and doesn't seem they got hammered by as much rain as originally forecasted - hopefully some snow tonight

Hillwalker95

Some people confuse climate and weather. We've been stuck with some bad weather patterns the last few years it will bounce back at some point. Climate change plays a part but its not like some people seem to think that we're never going to see another snowy winter
I havent heard anyone say it will never snow again. Climate change is raising the average temperature and potentially also the variance. And that is going to mean more of your storms/precipitation events will be snow rather than rain.

snoseek

Tahoe getting 12 feet...Can't imagine what that is like...going to take them days to dig out...
We should be so lucky lol...
Honestly that kind of snow can be a pain in the ass and shuts everything down for days often.

kingslug

3 feet not so bad..I got 6 feet in a week in jan at PC...winds were a bit of a problem...
LCC had some issues as they got more of course..

tumbler

Soft bumps and goggle tan. At least it's not the 80 degree Prez week from 2015 (?) That was a total meltdown.

BodeMiller1

I havent heard anyone say it will never snow again. Climate change is raising the average temperature and potentially also the variance. And that is going to mean more of your storms/precipitation events will be snow rather than rain.
Right now, the ring of fire, the volcanoes around the Pacific are playing havoc with the weather. You'd have to fly thousands of 747s around the earth for a thousand years to top the heat and moisture that was pumped out last year alone.

Keep me postal.

:unsure: