• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

For all you Scooby drivers......

campgottagopee

Thanks for that. My son is in National Honor Soceity for a reason. He is very responsible. Had had professional driving lessons (20 hours worth) before he took his road test.

Well I kinda figured if your son is in National Honor Society you couldn't be a dumb ass;-)

Good for your son---he'll have a wicked cool car to pick up chicks in!!!!

Philpug

Thanks for that. My son is in National Honor Soceity for a reason. He is very responsible. Had had professional driving lessons (20 hours worth) before he took his road test.
a whole 20 hours? wow.

Your call, but devils advocate..what will the WRX do for him that a regular Impreza will not?

Do you know this person's son???? If not, I'd shut the hell up on telling them what to do.

I'll give whatever opinion I want..I was 18 once not that long ago and I know what it's like..the brain in not fully developed yet..I was also on National Honor Society..getting A's and B's in High School isn't that hard..

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..
I'll give whatever opinion I want..I was 18 once not that long ago and I know what it's like..the brain in not fully developed yet..I was also on National Honor Society..getting A's and B's in High School isn't that hard..

Fully developed is a matter of opinion. Is yours even fully developed now? You left yourself open for that!:blink:

deadheadskier

Staff member
In steeze's defense, I think he makes a valid point. Having good grades and being very responsible in other walks of life doesn't necessarily mean a kid or adult for that matter will act responsibly on the road.

I too was an A student graduating near the top of my class. I was a 'good kid' never once coming home later than my midnight curfew out of respect for my mom in that I knew she wouldn't sleep until she knew I was home safe. However, I liked to drive like Dale Earnhart. Amazed to this day I didn't get into a serious accident the way I drove during my youth, especially with other kids in the car peer pressuring me. That's part of being a kid and why so many get into accidents, often with tragic results. The statistics don't lie.

While steeze's delivery was a bit in your face (imagine that! :lol:) I think his heart/head is in the right place regarding the message he is trying to convey.

The line is blurry between outright telling a parent what decisions they should make for their child (wrong) and showing genuine concern for that child's well being (commendable).

wa-loaf

In steeze's defense, I think he makes a valid point. Having good grades and being very responsible in other walks of life doesn't necessarily mean a kid or adult for that matter will act responsibly on the road.

I too was an A student graduating near the top of my class. I was a 'good kid' never once coming home later than my midnight curfew out of respect for my mom in that I knew she wouldn't sleep until she knew I was home safe. However, I liked to drive like Dale Earnhart. Amazed to this day I didn't get into a serious accident the way I drove during my youth, especially with other kids in the car peer pressuring me. That's part of being a kid and why so many get into accidents, often with tragic results. The statistics don't lie.

While steeze's delivery was a bit in your face (imagine that! :lol:) I think his heart/head is in the right place regarding the message he is trying to convey.

The line is blurry between outright telling a parent what decisions they should make for their child (wrong) and showing genuine concern for that child's well being (commendable).

+1

And I don't think any of us are trying to tell you what to do. These are just our opinions.

SkiDork

I know everyone prolly knows a story like this, but its sorta fresh in my mind. About a year ago, 2 HS kids (one was 18 and the other I think was 17) from Bellmore (next town over from me) were out cruising in on of the dads cars on the Northern State. The rescue workers who responded to the scene said the only thing recongnizable from the car was part of the rear axle. The rest of it was shredded. Very sad thing.

The car? 2007 BMW 330

kyo2039.jpg

ComeBackMudPuddles

i had the "privilege" of driving my parents' old pontiac parisienne when i was old enough to drive. doesn't matter the horsepower (or lack thereof) of a car, a young man can do some crazy things with pretty much any car built after 1910 if he really wants to.

350_2278_2.JPG

(Note: Mine was WAY cooler than the one in the picture....It didn't have the vinyl roof.)

mondeo

i had the "privilege" of driving my parents' old pontiac parisienne when i was old enough to drive. doesn't matter the horsepower (or lack thereof) of a car, a young man can do some crazy things with pretty much any car built after 1910 if he really wants to.

350_2278_2.JPG

(Note: Mine was WAY cooler than the one in the picture....It didn't have the vinyl roof.)
And it's easier to get a minivan on 3 wheels than an STI...

bleh2.gif

mlctvt

Are we sure this kid already hasn't done that???? Maybe he's the next Indie 500 winner---love people telling others what to do when they have no clue about a person---geez

It's my opinion. Duh . See where I said "highly recommend". I didn't "tell" him anything.

And I highly doubt he took these types of lessons. Less than 1% of the US population has taken them. I highly doubt he has but it would benefit everone. It should be required to get a drivers license in the USA. .

campgottagopee

It's my opinion. Duh . See where I said "highly recommend". I didn't "tell" him anything.

And I highly doubt he took these types of lessons. Less than 1% of the US population has taken them. I highly doubt he has but it would benefit everone. It should be required to get a drivers license in the USA. .

Yah, that's gonna work.