• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

for your bashing pleasure - another random "favorites" survey

4aprice

It appears that many of the voters live in either the NY/NJ/PA metropolis or Canada, which has skewed the results. Tannersville, PA (Camelback) as the 8th best destination ski village? I live in PA and CBK is my "home" mountain. If you consider an outlet mall, a couple gas stations and generally run-down hotels allong I-80 a "Destination Ski Village", then I suppose so. (no dis to CBK, as they do a great job with what they have)

summit62:

Welcome on board. CBK passholder and locker room denizen for the last 10 years. While its hard to picture Camelback as a destination resort they do draw healthy "weekend" crowds. Know a lot of people who rent houses in Lake Naomi, Camelback Village etc; Most of them come from Del, S NJ (Shore) and Philly though NY gets good representation too. Snoweast is distributed all over the lodge so I'm not surprised at the ranking.

How much do you ski there? Do you care for mogul skiing? I have a few management connections and am contantly bugging them to expand the mogul terrain. I'm on a mission to get them to put some bumps on one side of Cliffhanger. Got a couple of more years there as my son races for the CAT team.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

SIKSKIER

I have to assume that this survey is for eastern areas only?The Canada catagory doesn't say so but Not having ski areas from BC and Alberta is telling.

summit62

summit62:

Welcome on board. CBK passholder and locker room denizen for the last 10 years. While its hard to picture Camelback as a destination resort they do draw healthy "weekend" crowds. Know a lot of people who rent houses in Lake Naomi, Camelback Village etc; Most of them come from Del, S NJ (Shore) and Philly though NY gets good representation too. Snoweast is distributed all over the lodge so I'm not surprised at the ranking.

How much do you ski there? Do you care for mogul skiing? I have a few management connections and am contantly bugging them to expand the mogul terrain. I'm on a mission to get them to put some bumps on one side of Cliffhanger. Got a couple of more years there as my son races for the CAT team.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Alex:

I will log 20 +/- ski days in an average year, with half of those "local" (ie. PA, most of those at CBK. but also Blue/Elk). Other than that, im taking trips up to the Dacks/VT/NH. With my son being born last December, I was closer to 12 days and will probably be in that range the next couple of years. Unfortunately, I suffer from being just about as far as you can live from decent skiing while being a PA resident, so nothing is convenient.

I would consider myself an intermediate level mogul skier who is confortable on low angle moguls but seeks more. So, yes, bumps on one side of Cliffhanger would make this skier very happy. With the low snow season last winter, we didnt really see any decent bumps until the last 25% of the season (Rocket or Asp, I believe?). That is a casue that I would support.