• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

From the Vault: 1995 Documentary on Killington's Skyeship Gondola

bdfreetuna

"Let's go with the latest trends in corporate art, so that our gondola cars will never look dated!"

Will watch this later, this was probably around the time I first skied at Killington.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Well, that wasn't a bad watch at all. Thanks for the share.

I like the lift construction footage...some clips of Pres and other Killington folks. The arts stuff was interesting but not really what I liked the most. Footage of the ski area at that time was neat.

Edd

I haven't been on that Gondola in about a decade. I have no memory of heat/music being in the cars. Did that pan out?

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
Very enjoyable. Thanks for posting that.

I can't believe that it's in its 22nd season! I was really surprised at the amount of blasting they needed. I thought they followed the same route as the Orange Gondola.

I have no recollection of the music. But I asked about the heaters a few years ago and what I was told:
1. Most days you really don't need it (and even on the colder days, with today's clothing, people are opening the windows)
2. They became a maintenance nightmare, so they just stopped using them.

ShadyGrove

I haven't been on that Gondola in about a decade. I have no memory of heat/music being in the cars. Did that pan out?

How about those leather bucket seats that were shown just a minute or so in????