• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Goals for 2014/15 season?

C-Rex

The only good thing about waiting through the agonizing days leading up to the season is daydreaming about what you want to do this year. So what's on your must-do list?

Mine is very backcountry based.

1) Go cat-skiing (snowboarding in my case). I have a trip to Red Mountain booked along with 2 days with the Big Red Cats crew.

2) Get into the backcountry and earn some turns. I bought snow shoes at the end of last season but didn't really get to use them. I'd love to get a splitboard if I can find a setup in my budget. I want to learn some mountaineering skills, and avalanche safety. Having bought a house this year, my snowboarding budget took a hit so earning turns will be key to a good season.

3) Northern Tier tour. My friend is getting married and can't afford the Red trip so he wants to go to Jay for a few days instead. I want to turn that into a tour of the Northern mountains. I'm thinking Jay and Stowe in VT, then shoot over to NH to hit Wildcat (never been, dying to try it), Cannon, and maybe another.

Of course the list goes on, but these are the priorities, and the most realistic when it comes to actually crossing them off.

skiNEwhere

Good thread, I was thinking about this myself just yesterday.

1. Slowly get more into the BC scene. It can be a long and slow process to find BC partners that I have complete confidence in though.

2. Be more aggressive on advanced terrain. What I mean is, try to link 3-4 turns in a row on terrain that is pretty steep. In the past, I'd do jump turn, stop, jump turn, stop, etc

3. Hike up the highlands bowl in one shot. That is, not stop to catch my breath or rest once. Been working pretty hard this offseason so we'll see if this is obtainable.

4. Try to ski new places. Sunlight is #1 on my list.

Tin

A lot more time at Magic
Hucking the big ledge near the Birdland chair at MRG...and maybe the Garden and Ice Palace.

C-Rex

A lot more time at Magic
Hucking the big ledge near the Birdland chair at MRG...and maybe the Garden and Ice Palace.

More time at Magic is a must for me too. Last year was my first time. I had two awesome powder days. I think it may be my go-to place for last minute powder days now. Such a great mountain.

HD333

I am done setting actual ski/board goals mine all focus on making it more enjoyable, and enjoying the time with the family, maybe I am getting old...

1-More Sunday Fun Days, we seem wrap up skiing just after lunch and head home around 3 most Sundays, I want to extend the day and leave after dinner as much as possible.

2-Get more early morning runs in with the kids, one at a time, leaving everyone else at the condo. Those were some of the best times last season.

3-Take a weekend alone with the wife - Highly unlikely this one will happen.

4-Ski at 2 mountains other than our home mountain (Okemo)

Cannonball

I'd love to get a splitboard if I can find a setup in my budget. I want to learn some mountaineering skills, and avalanche safety. Having bought a house this year, my snowboarding budget took a hit so earning turns will be key to a good season.

Still got this one for sale.... http://forums.alpinezone.com/showth...ardware-and-skins-250/page2?highlight=duotone

Goals for me:
- More days: Didn't quite make my goal of 50 days last season. Hoping to crush that same goal this year.
- More variety: Need to get away from Cannon more often.

drjeff

My usual:

Ski at least 40 days

Ski on every day of the week (means I took a ski week vacation)

Avoid any significant injury

Be able to still beat my kids down the hill some seasons end (this WILL be a challenge this year I'm guessing!!) :)

ski stef

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
1. Ski Wolf Creek on a powder day (one of our wedding gifts was a trip with some friends who shuttle so we'll be spoiled being able to sleep on the way there and drink beers on the way back!)
2. Keep accurate track of my days in the backcountry
3. EXPLORE MORE. in the BC. Get AVI certified this winter. (this is probably actually my #1)
4. Get 40 days on my pass and 100+ on my skis in general

xwhaler

1. Ski Berkshire East 1st time w/ Catsup948
2. Have a great time at the AZ Summit and continue to meet nice AZ folks for turns
3. Introduce my son to skiing...backyard to start then push him around by the base. He may be ready for Magic Carpet fun by winters end. He turns 2 Feb 1st!

All other goals will easily fall into place just by getting out and making use of the vouchers I've acquired.

HowieT2

here goes

1. skinning-got gear, now I just have to do it.
2. 40 days including 8-10 powder days
3. get out west-either JH or british columbia
4. ski to jerusalem

dlague

Ski at least 40 days with a target of 50+
Ski Banff (Mt. Norquay, Sunshine Village and Lake Louise)
Exlpore Cannon
Do more bump skiing
Continue to push my wife to higher levels of ability
Have FUN

C-Rex

Still got this one for sale.... http://forums.alpinezone.com/showth...ardware-and-skins-250/page2?highlight=duotone

Goals for me:
- More days: Didn't quite make my goal of 50 days last season. Hoping to crush that same goal this year.
- More variety: Need to get away from Cannon more often.

I forgot yours was for sale. I'm broke at the moment, however. Just bought 400 gal of heating oil and payed a deductible for a car accident claim. :evil: If it's still available in a month or so, I'll get in touch with you.

I'm also going to be racing this year. It's a laid back league that races at Blanford on Wednesdays. I've never done it before and I'll be one of like 3 or 4 snowboarders so it'll be fun. I have a couple-year-old Burton T6 that carves like samarai sword and will be perfect to set up for slalom. If anything it'll be time to work on carving skills and board control, and a reason to just get out and make turns on a weekly basis.

Savemeasammy

My goal is to ski with Tin and for neither of us to sustain an injury that requires surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk