• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Google Chrome

bvibert

Staff member
Interesting. Let us know if you continue to use it, and what advantages or disadvantages you find.

Greg

Staff member
It definitely seems faster to me. You can also expand field boxes which is kinda neat.

ctenidae

I have a feeling that all the things it does better than Firefox are things I won't notice.
Hell, the things that Firefox does better than IE I hardly notice.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Firefox to me just seems to have far better pop up blocking and spyware prevention capabilities than IE, that's the reason I go with it.

dmc

Wow... it's fast... or so it seems...

bvibert

Staff member
It does seem fast. I'll give it a shot, though I really think Google is getting into too much of everything...

bvibert

Staff member
Not nearly as customizable as FF, which is probably most of the reason it's faster. I like the all the customization I can do with FF though. I don't see me using this browser for very long.

bvibert

Staff member
The only real problem I've had so far is that I can't seem to use Gmail, which is pretty funny if you ask me. :)

bvibert

Staff member
I've had enough of this new toy already, thanks for the heads up Greg, I'm sticking to FF.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Ugh, Google Creep. Who wants to bet Google tracks what you are browsing through their browser? High speed internet is fast enough, I will take my customizability and add ons in Fire Fox.

Philpug

I will stick with Safari. It works much better for MY application in that with MobileMe it takes it from computer to computer for me. (I am still working with Tiger, not Leopard).

dmc

Still enjoying it...

But I'm not like you guys..
I seem to be able to enjoy using things even though they may not be "the best" or status quo... Trying to understand what they were attempting to accomplish from a user perspective... As well as why AZ loads so much faster with Chrome then the other browsers...

bvibert

Staff member
Still enjoying it...

But I'm not like you guys..
I seem to be able to enjoy using things even though they may not be "the best" or status quo... Trying to understand what they were attempting to accomplish from a user perspective... As well as why AZ loads so much faster with Chrome then the other browsers...

It does seem to load faster, there's no denying that. However it's missing several features over my FF setup that I use constantly, which were causing my overall browsing experience to be slower. It also had an annoying quirk while surfing here, when I'd click on a link to bring me to the new posts in a thread it wouldn't always bring me there, it would bring me to posts that I'd already read so I'd have to scroll down to find them.

bvibert

Staff member
The
firstnew.gif
icon to the left of the thread title brings you to the new posts. Also, when browsing the main index it shows the last active thread in each sub-forum, if you click on the name of the thread it'll bring you to the new posts in it.

BeanoNYC

Careful posting your own material everyone. Read the TOS.

11. Content license from you

11.1 You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling Google to display, distribute and promote the Services and may be revoked for certain Services as defined in the Additional Terms of those Services.

11.2 You agree that this license includes a right for Google to make such Content available to other companies, organizations or individuals with whom Google has relationships for the provision of syndicated services, and to use such Content in connection with the provision of those services.

11.3 You understand that Google, in performing the required technical steps to provide the Services to our users, may (a) transmit or distribute your Content over various public networks and in various media; and (b) make such changes to your Content as are necessary to conform and adapt that Content to the technical requirements of connecting networks, devices, services or media. You agree that this license shall permit Google to take these actions.

11.4 You confirm and warrant to Google that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the above license.