• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Got my 2 year old on Skis!

Bostonian

So this past weekend with the little snow we had, our backyard became a winter wonderland again. So naturally, I was able to procure some toy plastic skis, strap them on the little guy and he was off and running! I am hoping next year to have him on some real skis and taking him for lessons.

pay no attention to the gaper look with me in jeans... Wasn't expecting to jump on my skis but he did ask!

14+-+1

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Ha! Here's my 19 month old last week. He just stood there though

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AlpineZone mobile app

Attachments

• 1390501489505.jpg
    1390501489505.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 109

mriceyman

Got one on the way in april so im already pumped for winter 15/16 winter

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

gladerider

Awesome. I'm gonna try to put my 2.5 old on skis in 3 weeks. I tried with 2 older ones when they were 2.5 but they did not have enuf strength.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

hiroto

What a cool video. Was that her first time?

No way :) That is the end of her first season and she skied about 10 days.

We had her mostly on the leash through out that first season, and we really didn't instruct her at all and left it to her instinct. At this point, she was not doing any wedge and did not have any control of her speed. This was very last day of the season, and this was almost the end of the day and I let her go without leash for the first time on the easiest slope at Sunapee. Also it was very warm day and snow was very heavy and slow. As you can see, she lost control and span out (with cute recovery :), but it was mostly the heavy snow keeping her speed under control.

I thought she was too young to follow any kind of instruction, so all we did was to follow her with leash, and gently control her speed but for most part, try to give her slack (literary) so she is on her own as much as possible and simply enjoy the sensation of speed.

Here is her first day. And being on leash by her 7 years old brother.

McCutie36

I wish I had learned that young! Little kids are always fearless (and faster than me).