• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Has The Rain Ruined Everything?

Zgonzo

I am Looking to go skiing but i am wondering what mountains have not been destroyed by the rain. Looking for mountains in NH and VT. If anyone knows what mountains are still worth going to please let me know.

bdfreetuna

By the looks of it, Sundown has consistently had the best conditions in the northeast for the last couple weeks.

planb420

Agreed with the Sundown statement...not in NH or VT, but great coverage, 2 parks, and bumps...

Puck it

This is a pic of Mittersill from two days ago. This was skiable the weekend of the 1/6. Completely snow covered.

mitty.jpg

wa-loaf

Anything relying on natural snow is toast. Man made snow trails are doing fine for the time being.

Puck it

The snow within the gun and grooming swath is good. But bare spots past the throw of the guns.

Exhibit A

cannon-2014-0113a.jpg

mountainman

Go to the area that can recoup the fastest from a thaw / freeze cycle. IE snowmaking and grooming. Good luck! Okemo seems to bounce back pretty quick with snowmaking and grooming.

Quietman

Mid size hills like Crotched and Pats tend to refresh faster as they have less terrain to cover

bigbog

Temps = conditions haven't gotten kicked around as much up at Sugarloaf...Have talked with several who've been consistently getting in runs over the last week... Check out their photo of day link on website. May have lost the pow up there but with grooming....

Cornhead

WROD's in mid January, I'd say things have gone downhill fast, no pun intended. It is supposed to get, and stay, cold. A good coat of new man-made, and then a storm, and all will be well with the great North East again. If that ain't in the cards, send another "Polar Vortex" so I can head North again.;)

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

podunk77

I can't personally vouch for the quality, but Okemo lists 82 trails open today. Gotta be something there to your liking.

oldtimer

Go ski

As said earlier, the manmade has held up reasonably well. Even the southernareas like Wa-Wa, Nash and Sundown are nearly fully open. Go ski and enjoy being out there-

skiNEwhere

Seriously? The infatuation that some people have for this mountain is crazy.

Over the years I've definitely noticed AZ has had both a strong ski sundown and hunter bias. Jay peak and Stowe to a lesser degree as well.

ScottySkis

Over the years I've definitely noticed AZ has had both a strong ski sundown and hunter bias. Jay peak and Stowe to a lesser degree as well.

True but Hunter does have great steeps. I check it out this winter I been told by several reliable sources that not that crowed anymore I believe them and hopefully I put up a trips reports this winter.

Bene288

Homers will be homers. I favor Gore, it's a place I love to ski and the first mountain that "clicked" with me. When I first started reading this forum it seemed Wachusett was the favorite of many posters.

MadMadWorld

Homers will be homers. I favor Gore, it's a place I love to ski and the first mountain that "clicked" with me. When I first started reading this forum it seemed Wachusett was the favorite of many posters.

Gore is great. Much more my style than Hunter.