• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Have you ever hit a deer?

Mpdsnowman

I was a mfg rep for 4 years and had all of NY and NE as my territory...LOL. I went two for two lol. Bagged them both, cost about 15k total in damages to my car,

Your lucky if you had minor damage and the deer lived..I hit them both at high speed. Did you know you can actually keep the deer and harvest it if you hit it lol.....I could see a salesmen in his suit gutting a hit deer with his buck knife lol...

kickstand

Did you know you can actually keep the deer and harvest it if you hit it lol.....I could see a salesmen in his suit gutting a hit deer with his buck knife lol...

I heard about somewhere (not sure if it was in NY, NJ, PA) where you can get on a list for this sort of thing. If the person who hit the deer doesn't want it, the cops or whoever responded starts calling people on the list. If you can't come get it as soon as they call you, they move to the next name and so on.

dmc

When I hit the moose in NH - they Trooper told me there was a list..
That night 3 moose were killed on the roads.. He made a comment that they all seemed like there were parts that were still good on all of them.. Not sure what that meant... I think I kinda do... haha..

When a couple guys in a pickup pulled over to see if I was OK.. they went down into the ditch and checked the moose out and then promptly told me they'd give me a ride into town... Seemed like they wanted me gone to take the carcass..

o3jeff

When I hit the moose in NH - they Trooper told me there was a list..
That night 3 moose were killed on the roads.. He made a comment that they all seemed like there were parts that were still good on all of them.. Not sure what that meant... I think I kinda do... haha..

When a couple guys in a pickup pulled over to see if I was OK.. they went down into the ditch and checked the moose out and then promptly told me they'd give me a ride into town... Seemed like they wanted me gone to take the carcass..

Is hunting moose illegal?

ctenidae

I hit a deer in NJ, and Game and Fish happened to drive by. The warden asked is I wanted a roadkill permit for the deer. Since we were driving back to NC, we declined.

Scruffy

Totaled a suby on one a number of years ago. I usually can see the glint of their eyes as they are in the brush about to bolt out, but this one just came out of thick brush onto the road in front of my 60 mph subaru. It was just a 1 lane in each direction state road. I pushed the deer so hard into the oncoming traffic the deer went under a pick-up truck in the other lane and took out his drive shaft.

Deer was toast on the spot. The police are usually trained to put them down if they are suffering.

Hawkshot99

On many occasions when I have seen a deer in my way I have been qble to stop or slow enough to avoid a accident. What scares me really bad is the person behind me that is not paying attention and nearly runs me over.

This summer I rode my motorcycle down to NJ to visit some friends. On my way home it started to pour. A deer darted out into the middle of a 2 lane road and stopped directly infront of me. I could not go into the other lane because of oncoming traffic, but was able to come to a complete stop right before the deer even in the heavy rain. The scary part was the car behind me that was not paying attention had to go off the side of the road or else they would have ran me over. Motorcyle being rearended at speed by a full size sedan does not end well for me.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

gorgonzola

on the way back from flyers v bruins playoff game two years ago to add insult to injury
IMG00052-20110501-1220.jpg