• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hiker's with Baby's

bvibert

Staff member
We got one of those too, not sure which model though. I've only had the chance to use it once, but it seemed to work well. I hope to get some use out of it this summer before my daughter gets too heavy to use in it...

smitty77

Website
hotmix77.tripod.com
bvibert said:
We got one of those too, not sure which model though. I've only had the chance to use it once, but it seemed to work well. I hope to get some use out of it this summer before my daughter gets too heavy to use in it...
I think the harness system in the Kelty is rated to 40 pounds. 35 (baby and gear) was more than enough for me. With a 40 pound kid, add in all the miscellaneous stuff and 55-60 is a good bet. That's when it starts becoming less fun.

They do work well though. I have the Kelty Base Camp

Greg

Staff member
Funny follow-up here. My oldest is still only probably 30 lbs., barely, but at 3 she's too long and gangly (must take after her daddy) to fit in the thing anymore.

bvibert

Staff member
Greg said:
Funny follow-up here. My oldest is still only probably 30 lbs., barely, but at 3 she's too long and gangly (must take after her daddy) to fit in the thing anymore.
:lol: My 11 mounth old daughter is a little over 25 pounds right now (must take after HER daddy) ;)

Greg

Staff member
bvibert said:
:lol: My 11 mounth old daughter is a little over 25 pounds right now (must take after HER daddy) ;)
:beer: :lol:

Take the average of me and you B and we'd have the perfect physique! :)

smitty77

Website
hotmix77.tripod.com
Greg said:
The little guy will be 4 in July, and he weighs in at a scant 32 pounds. Like your daughter, just too long to comfortably get in the thing. Lucky for him he has his mama's build, and not his dad's. :D