• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How Many Skis or Boards do you Own?

How many sets of skis or snowboards do you own?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 5.6%

Votes: 12 22.2%

Votes: 9 16.7%

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • 5+

Votes: 20 37.0%

• Total voters

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
How many sets of skis or snowboards do you currently have in your possession? Whether it be purchased, rented, borrowed, given- whatever, as long as you have it right now. Do not include your spouse's's or children's equipment.

skiNEwhere

K2 Pontoon's for Powder (Alpine)
Salomon My Gun for All-mountain and rocks (Alpine)
Ski Logik Howitzers for powder/all-mountain (Telemark)

Smellytele

While i have 6 I never use 3 of them. They are spare if I break something. 1 pair of teles, 1 fischer race ski and 1 pair cross country I do use. I have 2 pair of tele's I don't use and 1 pair of x-country I don't use.

Same here. Multiple pair of skis in varying lengths, but currently only use the two newest pair,(Dynastar and Salomon) but nice to have some backups as necessary. Always thought I'd pull out the "older" skis, but as time goes by, I'm getting leery of safety.

The other option was to make some type of furniture, but the moment hasn't quite inspired me yet.

WJenness

Just got (thanks to my awesome fiancée): K2 Kung Fuja - currently being mounted with Marker Barron bindings for powder and light touring duty
Fischer Watea 84 mounted with Maker Griffon bindings - daily driver
Elan Rip Stix (system binding) - my icy carver skis
K2 Silencer mounted with Look PX12 - ski i loan out to friends. I weigh too much to hold am edge on these so i used them for two runs and turn shelved them.
K2 Enemy - my first pair of skis... Now my super early season rock ski, but i haven't used them I'm several years. I forget what bindings are on them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AlpineZone mobile app

Euler

Fischer Watea's for the resorts and Alpina Lite-Terrain's for the hills and wood around my place.

BenedictGomez

Salomon X-Screams for Rock skis, Poconos skis, and early season skis.
Line Profit 90s for the heart of the season and tree skiing.

I'm actually looking for the perfect eastern tree ski, so if anyone has an idea I'm all ears for a 3rd ski set.

Rambo

I have 6 pairs:
1pr. - Volant Super 1 - 198cm (1998 model).
3 pairs - Volant Power Karves all 193cm (1997 & 1999 models).
1pr. - Dynastar Intuitiv 74 - 188cm (2002/03 model).
1pr.- K2 Axis XP- 174cm (2003 model)

myskis.jpeg

Bobt2ski

I have two pair that I switch back and forth with depending on conditions. A pair of Rossignol S-9's and Radical 11's!!!!

Have to admit, I finally decided to sell the kid's junior skis as I had been sitting on these for awhile. At least I reduced my stockpile by 2!

goldsbar

Fischer WC SC - carving, bumps, skiing with kids
Dynastar Speed Course Ti - fast carving
Dynastar Sultan 85 - for when conditions are actually good, woods, etc.
Atomic Metron M11 - pretty well trashed and never used

Scary thing is, I can easily justify more. Carving is fully covered, but not off-piste. The Sultans are great at charging through cutup heavy snot. Slow speed woods only okay. A nice medium flex rockered 88 or 98 could be a really good fit. Then some Salomon Rocker^2 115s for the airplane ski. To dream...

Cannonball

Salomon X-Screams for Rock skis, Poconos skis, and early season skis.
Line Profit 90s for the heart of the season and tree skiing.

I'm actually looking for the perfect eastern tree ski, so if anyone has an idea I'm all ears for a 3rd ski set.

What about the Prophet 90 makes you not consider it the perfect eastern tree ski? Knowing that info might help narrow the field for something better.

Tin

Only one. A pair of 179 Volkl Bridges. They have 4 core shots and a few new edges. Love them. I avoid groomed stuff. Great everywhere else and in any conditions Ive been in.