• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How many vacation days a year do you take to ski?

Vortex

Usually just about 15 for me. That includes Holidays MLk,X-giving,Christmas week and what ever else I can get away with. I don't like Polls, but one is okay if Mods want to add one.

Greg

Staff member
Usually about 12 for me.

bvibert

Staff member
I get 15 days too, unfortunately I don't get to take them all for skiing. This past season I think I used around 5 or so.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Oops, :oops: thought the question was how many vacation days do you get? Missed the skiing part. I've been using 10 vacation days, plus 2 personal days, plus holidays, which amount to I believe like 4. This season, I'll probably use 15 vacation days. Well guess that's not much different from my original answer :)

JimG.

Staff member
As many as I can get away with. In January, February and March I try to take at least 1 per week and get as many 3 day weeks in as I can. And there are always 2 family vacations where I use 2 or 3 days each.

I probably use between 15-20 vacation days on skiing.

2knees

my boss is pretty cool. He doesnt mind me just taking a sick day. Its a running joke everytime there is a storm forecast. Probably used only 2 or 3 actual vacations days last year and all my skiing days except one were weekday.

bvibert

Staff member
my boss is pretty cool. He doesnt mind me just taking a sick day. Its a running joke everytime there is a storm forecast. Probably used only 2 or 3 actual vacations days last year and all my skiing days except one were weekday.

My boss is cool like that with sick days too.

tirolerpeter

Vacation days to ski?

None. But that's cheating, because I'm retired. So, I no longer have to use vacation/sick/personal days. It's a beautiful thing!

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
i am up to 15 vaca days from 10 with three personal days as well, so this year i will probably take 10 ski vacation days and three ski personal days and save five days for a summer theme park trip like we did this year. so 13 vaca days, though i gave up taking ski "vacations" preferring to bank my vaca days for mid-week powder when ever the snow falls.

Sky

Hmmmmm....I think I took about 8 days last year to ski. NOT including the Monday holidays. Lots of "early departures" on race nights. A few "I'll be in lates" (Wa is sort of on my way...so I can ski till about 11AM and still get in 5 - 6 hours of work).

Probably won't change much this year. Too many days used for other stuff...banking sick days for Long Term Illness insurance (nice nice pal...hope I never have to use them).

Grassi21

I used 8 last year. Out of a possible 20 sick/vacation days, I will probably use about 10 of them for skiing. Riv brought up a good point about doing ski days instead of ski vacations. With a new house I won't be doing many overnight stays. I'd rather do some well timed weekday trips to VT or NY. I would use more on skiing but with the Cape and family things going on I need to save a few.

loafer89

I am self employed as well, so if there is powder to be had, my wife can do my job for the day:razz:

I am planning a vacation for presidents week out west as I have a trade show to do on February 22-23rd 2007 in Las Vegas. I cannot decide if I should go back to Mammoth or visit Lake Tahoe instead.

Hawkshot99

I go to school Mon, Wed, and Fri. I work other days at a ski shop. So I tell my boss I wont be in I am going skiing. He asks me were, he wants to meet up and we skip work together.