• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter "K27"

Creakyknees

I usually don’t post trail conditions but this was too good not to.

I have been skiing at Hunter for over 30 years. This past Sunday was in the top two days for fantastic conditions on Lower K27. Snowmaking was going for a few days prior and continued all day Sunday. It was cold and the snowmaking was dry with NO wet guns and that includes the runout; I have never skied K27 with no wet guns. I skied until 4:00pm and last run on K27 was as good as the first. Not sure why but this season the trail conditions have been holding up on many trails until late in the day, so kudos to Hunter.

One thing is the “D” and “F” chair needs to open at 8:30 on the weekends. To have a long lift line at 8:50pm on the Flyer looks bad for Hunter Mountain.

Again, kudos to Hunter for great snowmaking.❄️

raisingarizona

You sick bastard. The K27 is historically one of the most treacherous and formidable ski slopes in the world. It’s name represents the unfortunate that have perished on it’s near vertical ice and moguls after losing control and sliding off into the trees that line this elevator shaft like beast.

good luck to you sir! Your bravery and skills shall not go unnoticed on this forum!

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

You sick bastard. The K27 is historically one of the most treacherous and formidable ski slopes in the world. It’s name represents the unfortunate that have perished on it’s near vertical ice and moguls after losing control and sliding off into the trees that line this elevator shaft like beast.

good luck to you sir! Your bravery and skills shall not go unnoticed on this forum!
I once heard K-27 indicated 27 kick turns to descend it.

kingslug

Its about what I actually stay to watch. Can't remember how many times I've helped people on that run..you really can kill your self on it. And its hard to help a yard saler on it..hard enough sometimes to just stand on it.

Funky_Catskills

Opening day of lower K is sick! With no moguls formed you can launch it big. For real you can make it like half way down before you land.