• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter Snowmaking?

dmc

I don't know that... I do know that they wanted to lay down what they could before it gets warm..
So maybe it's all about just getting mainline down with some base..

In NYC but looking at webcam still snowmaking..

Lame effort at best, but with rain and warm coming i can see why no rush. But my own-selfishness would want to ski soft bumps on saturday

dmc

If they had a longer window they'll be crushing it...

JimG.

Staff member
Lame effort at best, but with rain and warm coming i can see why no rush. But my own-selfishness would want to ski soft bumps on saturday

You almost sound as negative as I did last season. Perhaps they were shamed into turning on the guns with so many other areas opening up.

dmc

i think they knew they had enough of a window to get a head start on mainline and took it...

dmc

Pretty warm here today... 40's and sunny..
Looks like some good starter base for Mid and Hellgate..
1472013_10201858287011386_143189606_n.jpg

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..
So I found out today that they had a pipe break and problems with 2 pumps, hence the snowmaking "issue". Some excuse is given, but how about fully testing the system beforehand! There is a LOT of snow on Hellgate, but that is all. The infrastructure of the place is not being kept up from what I can understand.

skiadikt

surprised that the once mighty snowmaking capitol of the world didn't get it done for this weekend. jiminy peak open?

So I found out today that they had a pipe break and problems with 2 pumps, hence the snowmaking "issue". Some excuse is given, but how about fully testing the system beforehand! There is a LOT of snow on Hellgate, but that is all. The infrastructure of the place is not being kept up from what I can understand.

Why I am not surprised. The most important spot on the mountain, Hellgat Broadway/ 7th has the oldest fan guns.