• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter's Mt Status and Snow reports

kingslug

best we can do for now...probably whatever they have already open..maybe 1 on the North side. I'll bet they are hoping for the storm to put down a good base all over then they can add to it. What will suck is if the timing of the storm allows them to groom the holy hell out of it. Hopefully it continues hard into Thursday. I'm bringing the BIG Bazookas just in case.

Funky_Catskills

Maybe it's the camera angle, but does not look like much social distancing.
I heard it was a sh!t show on a lot of levels. If we all don't do the right thing - the ski areas will close.
Questioning if I'm heading out tomorrow for sloppy seconds - I may cancel my reservation.

kingslug

here ya go..from today

Attachments

• hunter 12-17-1.jpg
    hunter 12-17-1.jpg
    403.6 KB · Views: 25
  • hunter 12-17-2.jpg
    hunter 12-17-2.jpg
    378.7 KB · Views: 22
  • hunter 12-17-3.jpg
    hunter 12-17-3.jpg
    439.5 KB · Views: 35
  • hunter 12-17-5.jpg
    hunter 12-17-5.jpg
    420.4 KB · Views: 35
  • hunter 12-17-6.jpg
    hunter 12-17-6.jpg
    311.9 KB · Views: 35
  • hunter 12-17-7.jpg
    hunter 12-17-7.jpg
    393.8 KB · Views: 24
  • hunter 12-17-8.jpg
    hunter 12-17-8.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 26
  • huntwer 12-17-4.jpg
    huntwer 12-17-4.jpg
    425.2 KB · Views: 25

kingslug

They made snow wednesday. Nothing running during the storm day, but I don't know what was going on at night.
The only thing that concerns me is running enough lifts. I get it if lifties could not make it there. Running F lift would have solved the shitshow a bit. Thankfully the guy showed up for North side..But that did not solve the 6 pack mob. Overlook is not an easy run. I imagine a lot of people did it once and had enough. I stayed back there a while..plenty to do.

drjeff

webcam shows guns going and not too crowded..for a sold out day.

That's going to be the interesting question this season, what capacity constitutes a "sell out" point at the resort that day?

If you've got a midweek day, where they're staffing to run a reduced number of lifts, but potentially most, if not all of the terrain that's 1 number.

If you're staffing to run all the lifts, covering the same amount of terrain, that's an entirely different number.

And I doubt we'll publicly hear what those daily max numbers are either...

kingslug

Look at Hunters webcam..not crowded at all. But this is just another thing that is not in our control. But clearly Vails statement about We think we will be able to accommodate everyone is clearly not the case. Yesterday North side had no waiting, while front side while busy was about a 10 to 12 minute wait.
WF, Bell, Hunter, Gore, Wyndham, Plattekill...all sold out the whole weekend.

catskillman

obviously, they do not refresh real time. I was there today, and it was an ss at the highest level I have seen. All lifts 15+ minutes. I gave up at 11 and when I left there was at least 50 people in line for tickets. No D lift, 1/4 not wearing masks, and at 8:30 am the traffic was at a standstill from past the cumberland farms.