• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

I'm getting antsy!

I've watched the ski channel (thank you for the summer stoke) on cable, but know we're getting close (er) to the beginning of weather pattern changes. So where is it going to get cold enough to snow first? Montana? The high peaks of CO such as A-Basin? I know it's early, but I'm getting the twinge of August and know it's not too far off? This summer has been strange with hot temps on the east coast, but now it's getting colder in the mid-west. I know it's early, but how bout some love for colder temps? Where's it going to snow first?

ScottySkis

I say Alaska gets the first snow. I love looking at beautiful women in summer and concerts, but am also counting down the months to K starts making snow.

Last edited:

Smellytele

I am antsy as well. Just booked flights to CO in Feb and now skiing is all consuming. A little early for most ski ticket deal finding but need to get into the rhythm so I don't miss any. :snow:

Riverskier

Definitely getting antsy. Generally I think of ski season as 11/1 through 5/1, so we are at the halfway point in the off season! It is all downhill from here- before long temperatures will start to drop, and before we know it, the guns will be fired up!

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
I've been antsy since June!! I didn't get to ski in May it about killed me to see people getting fresh lines in June. I've been saving for skis since April. I'd love to just go out and ski a few laps but ... right now I gotta start gettin' in shape.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

steamboat1

I've been antsy for over 50 years. Seasons have nothing to do with it. I'm antsy now, I'll be antsy tomorrow, I'll be antsy waiting for 1st chair in Feb.

dlague

I say Alaska gets the first snow. I love looking at beautiful women in summer and concerts, but am also counting down the months to K starts making snow.

Oddly enough one of the earliest to open is Las Vegas Ski and Snowboard Resort - at least in the lower 48. Loveland has their snowmaking clock running!

http://www.skiloveland.com

snowmaking.png

dlague

I have been driving my wife crazy because I keep shopping for ski gear, showing her ski movie trailers, pointing out leaf color changes and cooler temps at night, as well as telling her about lift ticket deals!

Is there something wrong with me or am I just antsy?

Smellytele

I have been driving my wife crazy because I keep shopping for ski gear, showing her ski movie trailers, pointing out leaf color changes and cooler temps at night, as well as telling her about lift ticket deals!

I do not speak to my wife about skiing until the first ski area opens then I tell her that I already booked trips got ski deals and already have bought stuff for the season. Easier to ask forgiveness then permission. :dunce:

ScottySkis

Nothing wrong with snow addiction I think most people on here go through it to.

Savemeasammy

My wife and I (and our 2 boys) are doing a little getaway to northern vt for our anniversary this weekend. I am looking forward to showing my 6 year old some of the "real" mountains up there, and I'm also hoping to build a little excitement for my 4 year old in advance of getting him on skis this year! I'm getting ansty!

mriceyman

I just cant wait to get my new planks in... then ill start getting restless