• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

I'm not seeing much snow in the week's forecast, anybody got a better one?

davidhowland14

Website
www.frigidlight.com
Cape Cod TR
My dreams came true. Snow day today! 1' of fresh powder, drifting up to 2 feet in places.

It was puking last night:
normal_100_5474.JPG

Heres an older image I photoshopped a few years back when I poached its closed trails at the end of the season.
Picture_1%7E1.png

We got there when lifts opened, and licked our chops at the pow, although it was quite heavy.
normal_100B5490.JPG

We didn't get first tracks though
normal_100B5531.JPG

A few action shots were taken to test out my new camera which has a burst mode that takes 15 frames per second up to 45 frames
These are not in sequence, I cut many out in between
normal_100B5510.JPG

normal_100B5511.JPG

Just fooling around trying to look like those cool terrain park kiddies...... ::)
normal_100B5563.JPG

Not a bad Snow day.....
normal_100B5532.JPG

Grassi21

Shots 5 and 6 are great! I need to experiment with the burst feature on our camera. Between skiing and the 2 dogs I can envision some sweet pics.

It looks like you at Loon a lot. How far is the ride from the Cape? My in-laws have a place in Brewster.

davidhowland14

Website
www.frigidlight.com
I think it's about 4 hours from the cape? Maybe 5 if traffic is bad. This season, i've turned my opinion on it's head and started to really like loon. I'll be up there again this year, for sure.

SnowRider

Well the 10 day forcast sucks for both southern NE and northern NE. It's frustrating because it seems sounthern NE gone a good 2 weeks without a good snowfall and its looking like it could be three now.

Curse you January that! :uzi:

AMAC2233

I agree that January has not been a great month, especially in comparison with December. In fact, I still think that we haven't really recovered from that thaw (except for maybe Northern Vermont.)

However, late this week, AccuWeather is predicting a NNE storm that will a lot of areas. Hopefully it will be significant enough to bring everything up, and hold on to it. SNE, on the other hand, is really just looking at a lot of rain, and yet another mini-thaw.

Who knows. Let's hope for a good February.