• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

I'm on a diet!!!

drjeff

I actually had one of my healthiest, and tastiest ski area lunches today at The Canyons. Grilled Turkey Burger on a whole wheat bun with fresh guacamole, cheddar cheese, lettuce and tomato. I passed on the fries, but was drawn in by the almighty power of the fresh out of the oven warm and gooey chocolate chip cookies they had. Mmmmm. I felt so guilty about the cookie that I "forced" myself to take an extra 4 or 5 powder runs after lunch to work it off ;)

For week 1..I'm down 3 pounds..I'm psyched..I did really well during the workweek..This past weekend I drank alot of beer, ate at the Blue mountain drive-inn twice, had pizza, steak, and chips..but I put a cap on my eating at 8:00PM each day...

For week 2 I'm going to continue with healthy lunches at work..less beer..and more exercise...

the Bloomn Onion has over 11,000 cals.

Do you mean 1100 calories??? 11,000 calories is impossible..show me a link..

O.K. it's about that time for another healthy lunch..:daffy:

It's wing night at the local bar..so tempting after afterwork spring skiing...:dunce:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Might as well be 11,000 calories! :lol:

You know what sucks? Look at the calorie counts on Ruby Tuesday's menu. It kills all the fun. Nothing like 1 day's worth of calories and 2 days' worth of fat in an appetizer. :puke:

That said, we had Bertucci's pepperoni pizza last night. So yeah, I was swimming in the grease, too. Today... not feeling much like eating. I wonder why.

I bought an Avocado at the supermatket for the first time ever..I squeezed like 30 of them and found the perfect one..mmm very good with chips and salsa..yummy..

I only had 4 beers in my fridge when I got back from skiing..the old me would have bought more beer..but I'm content with 4 beers..just a little buzz..with my dinner..I'll probably drop another pound..drinking 25 beers a week is way better than 40-50..

Paul

I bought an Avocado at the supermatket for the first time ever..I squeezed like 30 of them and found the perfect one..mmm very good with chips and salsa..yummy..

I only had 4 beers in my fridge when I got back from skiing..the old me would have bought more beer..but I'm content with 4 beers..just a little buzz..with my dinner..I'll probably drop another pound..drinking 25 beers a week is way better than 40-50..

liver%20human.jpg

Yeah, thanks Doug

Love,
Your Liver

Nah, he's preserving it... you know, like a pickle! ;)

Did you have fun squeezing the avocados, Doug?

Yeah I did..I never picked out Avacodos before..but they had suggestions...about how it should be a little soft..I felt like Leslie Nielson in the Naked Gun 33 and 1/3..squeezing melons..lol

Geoff

That Bloomin Onion is a horrible invention. It sounds so good, tastes good going down, and is painful on the way out.

A Bloomin Onion is 1600 calories. An onion basically has zero calories so all the calories are from the vegetable oil they fry it in. It's two days worth of fat intake and a day's worth of sodium intake. If you dip it in their dipping sauce, it's the same calories as eating four Quarter Pounders.

Grassi21

A Bloomin Onion is 1600 calories. An onion basically has zero calories so all the calories are from the vegetable oil they fry it in. It's two days worth of fat intake and a day's worth of sodium intake. If you dip it in their dipping sauce, it's the same calories as eating four Quarter Pounders.

I'm glad I only tried it once.

tjf67

For week 1..I'm down 3 pounds..I'm psyched..I did really well during the workweek..This past weekend I drank alot of beer, ate at the Blue mountain drive-inn twice, had pizza, steak, and chips..but I put a cap on my eating at 8:00PM each day...

For week 2 I'm going to continue with healthy lunches at work..less beer..and more exercise...

I drink 30 to 40 beers per week. I switched to coors light a few years ago. I would rather be fat than give up mybeer. Coors light was the happy medium.

I know a lot of people dont like low carb diets but they work. Especially if you make a lifestyle change with them. Carbs are good for storing energy. Back in cave man day they served a purpose. Now a days when we need something to eat we open up the fridge. You drop weight quick and its the weight you want to drop.

Grassi21

Wow, when you are drinking the quantities some of you are, does the quality really matter?

well, it seems that as you increase quality most (not all) times you also increase % of alcohol by volume. so in that case quality and quantity go hand in hand. :beer:

tjf67

Coors light is a good beer. I guess thats why they make so many. You drink what you like and so will I.