• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

I'm on a diet!!!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com

Grassi21

Yikes. I tipped the scales at 217. The good new is I dropped 3 lbs in a week.

What's up with the weigh ins GSS?

I dropped another 2.5 lbs. Its amazing how cutting out dessert makes the first block of weight drop very quickly for me.

drjeff

Good, great excuse NOT to go to McD's

Not that I go there, anyway....;-)

I really, really didn't have one of these for breakfast this morning ;)

f2c2a5127c87c58f_m.jpg

I've been eating SO horribly this week :(

Grassi21

f2c2a5127c87c58f_m.jpg

MMMM. Looks better than the egg whites, turkey sausage, and cheese on rye I had this morning.

Back to the Food Network.... I saw Paula Dean make a breakfast sandwich with glazed donuts instead of a roll/bagel/whatever.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
After cooking my own food for quite some time now, and eating every now and then at decent restaruants, I really don't have much craving for fast food. I actually avoid it now, and hate when I'm with someone who wants it. The food from McShits turns my stomach. Same with Burger Ass.

Grassi21

f2c2a5127c87c58f_m.jpg

The cheese delicately touching your hand reminds me of something.... what can it be

OH YEAH!

250px-Hands_of_God_and_Adam.jpg

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I did great... for 2 days. Bad news came and so I've been spiraling out of control again. And the knee acted up after my exercise the other day. Apparently I did too much, too fast. Need to slow down again and gradually build my way back up rather than trying to pick up where I left off.

drjeff

The cheese delicately touching your hand reminds me of something.... what can it be

OH YEAH!

250px-Hands_of_God_and_Adam.jpg

I only could wish that it lasted long enough for the car to get that far! That sucker was down the hatch drowning in gastric juices before I was out of the parking lot!

Grassi21

I only could wish that it lasted long enough for the car to get that far! That sucker was down the hatch drowning in gastric juices before I was out of the parking lot!

Often times those beautiful and memorable moments in are life are so short.

Paul

After cooking my own food for quite some time now, and eating every now and then at decent restaruants, I really don't have much craving for fast food. I actually avoid it now, and hate when I'm with someone who wants it. The food from McShits turns my stomach. Same with Burger Ass.

Ditto. I can only just tolerate Wendy's, and only because the kid insists sometimes. If I have to go out for lunch I usually hit Panera or Subway or Quiznos etc....

And drjeff...:puke:

I'd love an egg, bacon whatever sandwich, but not one of those. I'm quite happy with my Optimun Zen oatmeal, thankyewveddymush...

hammer

f2c2a5127c87c58f_m.jpg

Don't know if it's just me, but every time I eat at McD's or BK I feel sooo unsatisfied even though I know I've consumed almost 1000 calories...:roll:

Off to Panera Bread today...at least if I consume 1000 calories there (the Italian Sub is about that much) I feel full afterwards.

drjeff

Don't know if it's just me, but every time I eat at McD's or BK I feel sooo unsatisfied even though I know I've consumed almost 1000 calories...:roll:

Off to Panera Bread today...at least if I consume 1000 calories there (the Italian Sub is about that much) I feel full afterwards.

I'm kind of partial to Panera's Smokehouse Turkey Panini myself with an apple and and a glass of iced tea. And I have WAY more of those than the McD's Bacon Egg and Angioplasty sandwich - Just a treat today where the kid finished off a list of accomplishments where the reward was a "special breakfast" with Daddy on the way to pre-school. She went with hotcakes and sausage, and me with that glorious item previously pictured. Hey, but atleast I held off on the hash browns ;)

deadheadskier

Staff member
If I'm on the road and must eat fast food, it will be Wendys. McD's and BK destroy my stomach.

In general I completely avoid all chain restaurants. This is especially true of sit down restaurants. This is certainly more a philosophical choice than a diet choice, but from my experience, independents use far healthier ingredients in their preparations.

What's up with the weigh ins GSS?

I dropped another 2.5 lbs. Its amazing how cutting out dessert makes the first block of weight drop very quickly for me.

I usually don't eat dessert...I didn't weigh myself this morning...I'm holding off on weighing myself until Monday because I've been weighing myself to often..

Paul

If I'm on the road and must eat fast food, it will be Wendys. McD's and BK destroy my stomach.

In general I completely avoid all chain restaurants. This is especially true of sit down restaurants. This is certainly more a philosophical choice than a diet choice, but from my experience, independents use far healthier ingredients in their preparations.

Agreed, although there is ONE chain I absolutely can't avoid...

Puerto Vallarta