• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

I'm on a diet!!!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
You guys realize that while Panera markets itself as a healthier choice, it really isn't, right? Artificial colors, artificial flavors, artificial sweeteners... loaded with calories, even the salads.

Just sayin'....

ckofer

Website
www.skicheapordie.com
I could probably avoid KFC for the rest of my life.

Good for the bumper I guess.

bumper-bucket-kfc.jpg

hammer

You guys realize that while Panera markets itself as a healthier choice, it really isn't, right? Artificial colors, artificial flavors, artificial sweeteners... loaded with calories, even the salads.

Just sayin'....
I'd agree with that...but at least I feel like I've eaten a meal when I go to Panera Bread. Can't say that about fast food chains...

drjeff

Just sayin'....

They always get me the minute I walk in there and see this wonderful site!

Panera

Their nutty chocolate chipper cookies are fabulous!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Don't get me wrong, I love Panera. Almost worked there, too, recently. But it's so easy to lose common sense because of their marketing.

Mmmmm... bakeries. I used to be a baker's assistant, my father made the donuts at Dunkin Donuts for most of my life... aunts were bakers. It's in my family. We're suckers for the baked goods.

deadheadskier

Staff member

Just sayin'....

yep

hence my point about avoiding ALL chain restaurants. Again a more philosophical than dietery choice, but from experience, I know the ingredients the chains use tend to be less healthy.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Here's a website I fequent, nearly daily-

www.nutritiondata.com

Kale, broccoli and spinach are excellent choices for dinner side dishes almost every night. Very complete nutrition.

The website also has a neat custom recipe and pantry feature.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Here's a website I fequent, nearly daily-

www.nutritiondata.com

Kale, broccoli and spinach are excellent choices for dinner side dishes almost every night. Very complete nutrition.

The website also has a neat custom recipe and pantry feature.
Excellent suggestion, Marc. Very detailed data from that site. I've used it before to analyze recipes.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Well, in spite of my regression in food habits, I still lost weight. I'm down 1.5 lbs this week. Almost back to where I was before all hell broke lose 2 weeks ago (when I had already lost 5 lbs). Nothing like relosing the same lbs... ugh.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
yep

hence my point about avoiding ALL chain restaurants. Again a more philosophical than dietery choice, but from experience, I know the ingredients the chains use tend to be less healthy.
There are a few exceptions (American Flatbread comes to mind-organic or natural ingredients, most locally-obtained) but you're right - most use the cheapest, least nutritious ingredients possible. Then again, this is true of many non-chain restaurants.

That Bloomin Onion is a horrible invention. It sounds so good, tastes good going down, and is painful on the way out.

I wish they made them in a 1/4 size..

Blooming Onion..Salad..bread/butter..14 ounce NY Strip Steak..Potato with butter and bacon bits and two 22 ounce beers is a pretty healthy dinner..as long as you skip dessert...lol

drjeff

That Bloomin Onion is a horrible invention. It sounds so good, tastes good going down, and is painful on the way out.

Ya know that if you eat them 1 piece at a time rather than swallowing the thing whole, it might be an easier exodus! ;)