• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Indy Ski Pass

xlr8r

Actually thinking about it a little. Saddleback makes the most sense. The Saddleback GM mentioned in the Storm podcast that they wanted to see how the first season went before looking at pass partnerships with other mountains besides their existing partnership with Jay. Opening up Saddleback to Indy Pass Holders just late season this year would be a good experiment for them to see how many more people come than what they have gotten for ticket sales so far this year. For any mountain opening up to Indy Pass just late season only is a good way to dip their toes in the water a bit. on multi mountain passes

Cobbold

TGR is doing a film about the indy pass, and intend to visit jay, cannon, magic, bolton, berkshire, and a sixth eastern area not yet announced on indy

Jackson, WY February 18, 2021 – Teton Gravity Research, the global leader in action sports, adventure and outdoor media, is excited to announce a partnership with Indy Pass, the fastest-growing multi-mountain pass in North America, to explore the spirit of independent ski and snowboard areas around North America. Titled “In Pursuit of Soul”, this project will produce digital and social storytelling at twelve different independent resorts throughout the winter season, with a short film to be digitally released in Fall 2021.

“We are really excited about the opportunity to highlight some of the independent resorts that have rich histories, amazing characters and interesting stories that deserve to be told” said TGR co-founder Steve Jones. “While our annual films typically focus on big mountains and more exotic destinations, the exciting part of working on a project like In Pursuit of Soul is that it lets us showcase a different side of the industry that will still resonate with our core audience.”

Of the 61 independent and authentic resorts from the Indy Pass Coalition, the TGR crew will be heading to six locations on the east coast, including Berkshire East, Bolton Valley, Cannon Mountain, Jay Peak, and Magic Mountain - with the announcement of a sixth resort coming soon, as it gets added to the Indy Pass program. The team will then head west to hit six different independent ski areas in the Northern Rocky Mountains, including 49 Degrees North, Beaver Mountain, Brundage Mountain, Lost Trail Powder Mountain, Mission Ridge and Snow King Mountain.
This film could take the Indy pass to the next level

KustyTheKlown

snow king segment should be cool, tgr is based in Jackson so there should be fun hometown vibes

a friend worked as an on mountain cameraman for tgr for his first job out of college. having a couch to crash in Jackson for 2 years was so rad. i was there over new years and buddy had to wake up at like 4 AM to shoot in cody bowl with eric roner (rip) and others. i went with him to the tgr offices and lyndsey dyer was just like, hanging out.

Cobbold

Actually thinking about it a little. Saddleback makes the most sense. The Saddleback GM mentioned in the Storm podcast that they wanted to see how the first season went before looking at pass partnerships with other mountains besides their existing partnership with Jay. Opening up Saddleback to Indy Pass Holders just late season this year would be a good experiment for them to see how many more people come than what they have gotten for ticket sales so far this year. For any mountain opening up to Indy Pass just late season only is a good way to dip their toes in the water a bit. on multi mountain passes
Good point,

Cobbold

Good point,
From that interview it seemed he was interested in joining any mega pass, epic, ikon, Indy ,mountain collective, if you want the most skiers join epic or ikon, since Sunday River and sugarloaf are on ikon, my guess that leaves only epic.

Cobbold

snow king segment should be cool, tgr is based in Jackson so there should be fun hometown vibes

a friend worked as an on mountain cameraman for tgr for his first job out of college. having a couch to crash in Jackson for 2 years was so rad. i was there over new years and buddy had to wake up at like 4 AM to shoot in cody bowl with eric roner (rip) and others. i went with him to the tgr offices and lyndsey dyer was just like, hanging out.
Skied snow king in December, bit icy but so was everything else I skied but grand tarraghee, like snow king, nice little Mtn, good vertical for a small place

skimagic

definitely not misreading, and there is no eastern indy destination that is reveal worthy and not already on their list

SURPRISE SURPRISE WELCOME TO MOHAWK MOUNTAIN CONNECTICUT
There was enough snow for moguls at the hawk this year, with the usual boilerplate between em up top to keep it real.

If there is a new addition, Im guessing Black Mountain of Maine.. it fits into the group well and Maine needs a mountain on there.

Cobbold

There was enough snow for moguls at the hawk this year, with the usual boilerplate between em up top to keep it real.

If there is a new addition, Im guessing Black Mountain of Maine.. it fits into the group well and Maine needs a mountain on there.
how about Shawnee peak ski area?

cdskier

Just saw this on Facebook...apparently we'll find out in 4 days:

The Indy Pass will announce TWO NEW ski areas for the 2021-2022 season exclusively on Unofficial Networks at 9AM ET on 2/22.

These are the 62nd and 63rd independently-owned ski areas to join The Indy Pass. SPOILER: They're some heavy-hitters
💪

Check in here at 9AM ET on 2/22 for the big announcement!

chuckstah

This pass just keeps getting better. Unless they jack the price through the roof it will be part of my winter plan for the foreseeable future.
I expect an increase, maybe $30 early purchase, but I don't think it will go through the roof, yet anyway. Time will tell.

Cobbold

Heard 2 northeast ski areas being added. Not 1 and 1 west.
that’s what lift blog is sayin, their big names, what ever that means, saddleback and ? , orda, Fairbanks group, wachusett s, Breton woods, Waterville valley, Burke, Smuggs, Na soba valley,lol