• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Indy Ski Pass

KustyTheKlown

some useless shit near buffalo, come on down, you're the next contestant on indy ski pass...

"The Indy Pass has added Peek'n Peak Resort in Western New York, Tussey Mountain in Pennsylvania, Catamount Outdoor Family Center in Vermont, and Rangeley Lakes Trail Center in Maine. "

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

Damn that is gonna upend all my plans for the season. Why return to Jay when I could check out these new options?

jaytrem

Tussey is one of the most boring places to ski in PA. It would've gone out of business years ago except it's near State College. They often don't even blow enough snow to open all 7 of their trails or whatever they have.
They had some bumps when I went there, so I was happy enough. Was a good stopping place for some night turns on my way to Blue Knob. If all goes well this year I should just need Ohio to have "skied my way across the USA". So I can add Peek N' Peak to a mini-Ohio trip.

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

If all goes well this year I should just need Ohio to have "skied my way across the USA".

Does that mean having hit a ski resort in all 37 states that have one or more?

If so how was the 100 vertical foot rope tow at Cloudmont Ski & Golf in Alabama?
And were people golfing and skiing on the same day?

jaytrem

Does that mean having hit a ski resort in all 37 states that have one or more?

If so how was the 100 vertical foot rope tow at Cloudmont Ski & Golf in Alabama?
And were people golfing and skiing on the same day?
Nooooo, it would just be a states that create a continuous path from the Atlantic to the Pacific. My potential would be NJ, PA, OH (need it), MI, WI, MN, SD (this year), MT, ID, WA.

States with ski areas that I have not skied would be AL, OH, IN, IL, IA, MO, SD, ND, RI and most importantly AK. Stupid covid killed my AK trip.

Do you have a number on how many different ski areas you’ve been to?

Don't know off-hand, but last I checked it was over 300. I love checking out the smaller places!

IceEidolon

Tussey plus Blue Knob are actually a decent deal if you're local but unless it really really dumps I wouldn't go far out of my way for either. Tussey has an impressive snowmaking system given their available pump & compressor power but that just means they do a lot with a little, not that they cover all their territory.

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

1. Heavenly
2. Taos
3. Eldora
4. Vail
5. Beaver Creek
6. Keystone
7. Loveland
8. Steamboat
9. Copper
10. Winter Park
11. Sugar
12. Snowshoe
13. Sunday River
14. Berkshire East
15. Loon
16. Attitash
17. Wildcat
18. Magic
19. Bromley
20. Stratton
21. Mt. Snow
22. Okemo
23. Killington
24. Stowe
25. Bolton Valley
26. Sugarbush
27. Jay
28. West
29. Whiteface
30. Gore
31. Plattekill
32. Belleayre
33. Hunter
34. Windham
35. Greek Peak
36. Big Snow
37. Mountain Creek (and VV/GG)
38. Campgaw
39. Hidden Valley, NJ
40. Spring
41. Bear Creek (and Doe)
42. Blue (and Little Gap)
43. Big Boulder
44. Jack Frost
45. Liberty
46. White Tail
47. Roundtop
48. Alpine
49. Split Rock
50. Elk
51. Montage (and Sno Mountain)
52. Shawnee
53. Catamount
54. Sunapee
55. Crotched
56. Big Bear, PA
57. Snowbird
58. Alta
59. Solitude
60. Arapahoe Basin

Not too shabby -
Most likely potential additions this year, based on passes I have, would be either Breckenridge or IndyPass places in NH, CO, UT, ID, WA, OR

Last edited:

jaytrem

Crazy, im around 70 places, and i thought that was alot, you the man Jay!

Just gotta hit 10 new ski areas per year for 30 years and the next thing you know you're at 300.

fun game. is there a checklist somewhere?

I don't know of any, it's really hard to find a complete list anywhere. Skimap.org might be the best place to find lesser known ski areas. Liftopia did make a cool checklist one time. When you were done it would give you a printout with all the ski area logos that you checked. They were missing a lot of ski areas though.

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

Just gotta hit 10 new ski areas per year for 30 years and the next thing you know you're at 300.

I don't know of any, it's really hard to find a complete list anywhere. Skimap.org might be the best place to find lesser known ski areas. Liftopia did make a cool checklist one time. When you were done it would give you a printout with all the ski area logos that you checked. They were missing a lot of ski areas though.
Think all the current ones and some recently closed ones are at Jollyturns.com, but my list includes 3 closed ones they might miss.

jaytrem

Think all the current ones and some recently closed ones are at Jollyturns.com, but my list includes 3 closed ones they might miss.
I do like that site, but just looking at Idaho I see they're missing Blizzard and Cottonwood Butte. Also missing Cedar Pass in CA. Hart Highlands and Wapiti in BC. I assume they're missing a bunch more.

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

Was considering hitting Sunrise over kids Spring break, but then cut plans short when I saw they plan to close for season by April 2.

Edd

Just arrived at Pat’s for the first time. Nice setup. Looks to be a good day.

drjeff

Just arrived at Pat’s for the first time. Nice setup. Looks to be a good day.

Pat's is a really well run fun place to grab some turns for sure! They make a ton of snow as well! Also, arguably the largest cookies I have ever seen at a ski area cafeteria! 🍪🍪🍪🍪

Reactions: Edd

TyWebb

Bolton thread reminded me how much more enjoyable the Indy Pass has been for me compared to Epic last year.

My son and I are weekend skiers (tho I can do some midweek when he's with his mother) plus my GF has one when she skis with me. Conditions aside - just a better experience for us compared to Epic last year from traffic/Parking, lift lines, vibes, etc. Still have a 5 day trip planned for us in March to ski NH for the 1st time and have Jay in my pocket for late March or April - watching the snow this weekend and either doing BerKshire East or Magic with my girlfriend.

As an approx 15 day a year skier - really nice value and experience so far

Last edited:

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

Email received:

"Last Call for the 22/23 Indy Pass
Out with the old, in with the new! Today is the last day to purchase a 22/23 Indy Pass and ride out the remainder of this historic season."

Historic season???
Historically lame season.

jaytrem

Glad I checked to make sure my friend bought his Indy Pass. Nope! We leave Friday for a trip that has 7 Indy days. Not sure how much he'll be saving, I'll have to check.